950XL gets very hot when using Groove for music and kills battery

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone.

I started using the production version, not Insider, of Windows 10 Mobile and Groove to use my 950XL as my main music player. The only problem is that it seems to get very hot whilst playing music off the SD card and the battery just drains too much. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Ian

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone.

I started using the production version, not Insider, of Windows 10 Mobile and Groove to use my 950XL as my main music player. The only problem is that it seems to get very hot whilst playing music off the SD card and the battery just drains too much. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Ian

it's not normal and I might suggest moving the music to internal storage and removing the card and trying again
Also, check for app updates

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying Chintal.

Essentially I bought the 200GB micro SD card just to be able to store all my songs on my phone. I am not sure the internal storage can handle that amount of songs (130GB). There aren't any app updates. I checked that. Would I get better performance from an Insider build? If it helps, my micro SD card is an official one from Sandisk, nothing fake. This is the first time I have ever decided to use a mobile phone as my music player. I just want to know how to improve the performance.

Many thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo