a kind of weird SMS history bug...any answers?

W

WPCentral Question

Yesterday I sent and received multiple sms-messages to multiple different recipients (separately). Nothing out of the ordinary nor any problems there....

...BUT...

After one of my contacts replied the chat history for him would only show that one message. What happened to the history? The phone decided to move ALL the previous messages under a different contact (with whom I've never exchanged a single message). I have no idea how that happened and no answers on how to fix it...

Any help or similar experiences?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What device are you using?

What carrier do you have?

Do you friends have the same device/platform and carrier as you, or are they using different devices/platforms/carriers? (For example, you have a Windows Phone and they have Androids/iPhones)

I K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
(can't edit or reply to an anonymous post...should've known :p )

Just to detail this a bit more, the phone only moved this one persons chat history under another one. They both start with the letter K, and the one that everything was moved under is the first name on the K-list.
Other than that the contacts are in no relation to each other.

Answer to your questions:

Lumia 1020 with all the latest updates, including wp 8.1.
Phone isn't a carrier model (unlocked or whatever you might call it). Carrier is TeliaSonera (Finland)

Friends platforms shouldn't make difference as this only happened with this one contact. In this case though the one whose chat history was moved has a wp 7 (I think) and the other one I have no idea :/

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
(can't edit or reply to an anonymous post...should've known :p )

Just to detail this a bit more, the phone only moved this one persons chat history under another one. They both start with the letter K, and the one that everything was moved under is the first name on the K-list.
Other than that the contacts are in no relation to each other.

Answer to your questions:

Lumia 1020 with all the latest updates, including wp 8.1.
Phone isn't a carrier model (unlocked or whatever you might call it). Carrier is TeliaSonera (Finland)

Friends platforms shouldn't make difference as this only happened with this one contact. In this case though the one whose chat history was moved has a wp 7 (I think) and the other one I have no idea :/

Are these two contacts linked in any way in your People app?

I K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
No, but could that somehow fix the issue?

If I linked them together and then maybe delete or do something else with the "wrong" contact?
I wouldn't like to lose the history...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h