A new update 8.10.1293.890

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I am Just trying to update my L720, with this new update with hope that there will be something exciting.
I've had issues with laggy wake up from lock screen as well and it turns out what it was is for some reason when I had my brightness set to automatic, it would take an extra few seconds to light up. If I had it set to lie-high, it was instant. I kept it one manual settings for a day util I realized my gf's 920 was on automatic with no issues, so I switched mine back and it works like a charm now! Hope it helps you!

krishna T

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Looks like there are changes in mail. Allows copy /paste while replying and forwarding mails (don't seem to remember having this earlier).

Dimi7287

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Multitasking improved.. No resuming/transition time reduced.. Speeching incoming callers name

I can definitely attest to the MAJOR improvement in the multitasking functionality! Its sooooo much faster to resume an app now (I'd still prefer it to be instantaneous!), even Music which usually takes an age to load takes a mere second or two!

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I should feel lucky or left out that i can't tell a damn difference with any of these updates. On two phones. Lol.

I don't know how some of you can judge battery performance after a few hours. I mean, if your device is heating up and draining crazy fast, that's obvious, but...
I've never been included in this battery drama either. And these people who judge the battery life after updates are not being fair. Fist, the OS is doing extra things like reinstalling apps. Give it a day, 2 days and then perhaps a 3rd. Then come back and tell me about your 'batter life'. And don't sit there with your battery saver app open watching it drain. Use the phone like you normally would. Also, exploring and looking for new features will drain your battery faster than normal.
my power button doesn't respond no matter how hard i press. I cant even soft reset since i cant turn my 620 off....i so pissed offf
You don't need to turn your phone off to do a soft reset. And if you do, you're doing it wrong!

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if this is since the update or was always the case, but the 'Music' app seems to turn the display brightness up to full.
I have Screen brightness set to low, no sunlight readability, no battery saver brightness etc just a fixed brightness and Dark theme. If I load Music while watching the phone/Wifi signal meters, they get brighter as does all the white text. When I quit Music, they dim slightly. Haven't noticed this on any other apps, so wondering if Music is an extra battery drain (as well as being horrible to use!).

Amos Mwangi

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I've never been included in this battery drama either. And these people who judge the battery life after updates are not being fair. Fist, the OS is doing extra things like reinstalling apps. Give it a day, 2 days and then perhaps a 3rd. Then come back and tell me about your 'batter life'. And don't sit there with your battery saver app open watching it drain. Use the phone like you normally would. Also, exploring and looking for new features will drain your battery faster than normal.

You don't need to turn your phone off to do a soft reset. And if you do, you're doing it wrong!

u soft reset by holding your power button and volume down at the same time for a few seconds....i definitely say i need the power button...

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So are you saying you tried it? it takes about 20-30 seconds. Just because your power button won't shutoff your device, doesn't mean it's not connecting at all. But if you've actually tried a soft-reset and failed, you might just have to do a hard reset. Possibly try just letting the phone die and then recharging.

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
hmm, am i the only one left out from this update? :S
i had a hard reset 2 days ago... lumia 1020, middle east, set to the US
my current version is 8.10.138 which is slightly higher than this recent update :S , lol

solved: reactivate the "preview for developers" app, thanks o Aperture o

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hmm, am i the only one left out from this update? :S
i had a hard reset 2 days ago... lumia 1020, middle east, set to the US
my current version is 8.10.138 which is slightly higher than this recent update :S , lol

If you performed a hard reset after the last update, you'll need to use the "Preview for Developers" app again and make sure you have the magic tickbox ticked...

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
My L820 is about one and a half year old. My battery life is deteriorating day by day. Now it doesn't even last half a day. I have to carry my charger everywhere I go. I'm not sure if its because of the 8.1 update or just that my battery itself is faulty.

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
My L820 is about one and a half year old. My battery life is deteriorating day by day. Now it doesn't even last half a day. I have to carry my charger everywhere I go. I'm not sure if its because of the 8.1 update or just that my battery itself is faulty.

I have the exact same issue! I am sure it was starting to get get worse before the update but it is definitely worse now. I'll probably buy a new battery in the near future as they are pretty cheap.

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue! I am sure it was starting to get get worse before the update but it is definitely worse now. I'll probably buy a new battery in the near future as they are pretty cheap.

No. That is not only 8.1 update issue. That is L820 phone issue also. I am also using L820 past 1 year.

Could be a battery problem. I've stopped all background tasks. And I've also disabled automatic mail sync. Let's see how it goes.

wrm1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Could be a battery problem. I've stopped all background tasks. And I've also disabled automatic mail sync. Let's see how it goes.
I have the 810...the 820's cousin. It may sound weird, but, my battery life got better when I turned everything on. Background tasks, wifi, bluetooth, nfc...all of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital