Accessories, Accessories, Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
And anyone that can feedback on the bumper case for the Duo 2. Thanks in advance

The WC review is spot-on: it fits perfectly, it only adds an extra mm or two to the physical dimensions so it looks and feels like it's part of the device, it adds a little extra grip which is nice, and the packaging may be the coolest part...

PDAJAH

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
I've ordered the SD2 pen charging case. Will report back next Monday.

Received my pen charging case today. Good quality and does not add much to width and charges pen quickly. It would have been good for the lip on the bumper bits for the back screen to offset the camera bump to enable flat use of the SD2.

PDAJAH

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
There are new pictures of the rugged but slim Otterbox case for the SD2 on their Website. Looks like thd case will enable the SD2 to be laid down flat for note taking.

Last edited:

SvenJ

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Sort of a rant, sort of a PSA. Have a DUO 2, Surface Go 3, Surface Pro 8. Got a Slim Pen when I got an OG Duo, back when they came with a charger. Got the Pro 8 with Slim Pen 2, later. Sold the OG DOU, kept the pen to use with the Surface Go I had then. Used the Slim Pen with the DUO 2 when I got that, which worked fine for inking. MS kind of fixed that recently. So, got a Slim Pen 2. No-one has the charging case for the DUO 2 in stock, but no worries, I have a slim pen charger.
Slim pen 2 works nicely with the DUO 2, but need to charge it. No problem, drop it in the charger. Ahh, this is blinking white and orange, and losing charge. What does the booklet say about lights. All kinds of stuff, but not that. What does the internet say about white/orange blinking. 30 minutes later, ohh, the charger may need a firmware update. A firmware update, on a charger? OK, how do you do that. Nuther trip to the internet. Easy, just hook it to a Windows PC and run check for updates, load the updates. I hook to Surface Go 3, load all the updates...twice...no luck. Grumble a while. Pull out the Pro 8 and hook it up. Check for updates, have a bunch and one that looks intriguing. Looks like a driver not the usual stuff. Load all, no change. Notice there is an advanced updates section. Check there and there are more updates, again with one of those driver looking things. Nothing of course provides any indication that they are for a charger, or any Surface peripheral of course, so you have no clue what they are for. Nuther load all, and reboot. SUCCESS. So, 2.5 hours, numerous web searches, bunch of downloads (in the blind because nothing says what you need to load), 3 reboots and finally my Slim Pen charger (OG) can charge my Slim Pen (2).
Bottom Line, if you have an older Slim Pen Charger it might need a firmware update to charge a Slim Pen 2 (that's actually documented on MS...the fact...not the detailed process). There are hidden updates in Windows update you need to look for that don't install automatically. They are accessible from the update page. Surface firmware updates are there too. Plug at it. Be patient, and you too can get your Slim Pen charger to charge your Slim Pen.
Rant. MS, how about having some clear documentation about what the lights on the Pen mean, and what firmware update is needed, by number, since naming it in english seems too hard. 'Slim Pen Charger firmware update', would have real encouraging. Maybe a note that it is not in the regular updates, but rather the advanced updates section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo