Allow bing search from lock screen not working.

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
There is an option in the bing app's settings, "Allow bing search from lock screen" which probably according to me means that while on the lock scree. If we press the search button, it'll open bing search but it's not opening for me. Does it mean something else? Or if it means the same then is it working fine for you guys?

Thanks.

dang121

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just try it and you have to hold the search button a little longer like for 3 seconds. It work and I am using the Lumia 920 GDR1.

Manoj Kanala

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
My lock button has an issue. Yet to take it to Nokia Care. So, wanted to use this as a work around to unlock the screen (apart from camera button's work around). Doesn't work on Lumia 520 :(... Any ideas? As of now, I am using camera button to unlock the screen.

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
My lock button has an issue. Yet to take it to Nokia Care. So, wanted to use this as a work around to unlock the screen (apart from camera button's work around). Doesn't work on Lumia 520 :(... Any ideas? As of now, I am using camera button to unlock the screen.

You need to press the lock buttton first then press and hold the search key to open bing from lock screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo