AMAZING Windows Surface Phone concept!!!

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I was going to make the same comment about the Band's band breaking and the flexible screen but someone beat me to it. Your band will break too, it's just a matter of time. I threw mine in the trash a month or so ago. Fixed with that black goop first, then a month later it wouldn't charge, that's the pattern...
Do you mean like the upcoming Galaxy X?

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
A desktop ui on a phone sucked for Windows Mobile 6x so MS is not going to repeat that mistake.

Very nice concept and if MS can sort out cshell and the transition between mobile and desktop ui then it will be good.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
This is only make believe. Why would someone get excited about what a fan dreams his perfect phone would be? It won't ever exist.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
A desktop ui on a phone sucked for Windows Mobile 6x so MS is not going to repeat that mistake.

Very nice concept and if MS can sort out cshell and the transition between mobile and desktop ui then it will be good.
Actually, the HTC Sense skin on the HD2 was really good. It had to be since it was the first and only capacitive display on WinMo. Geeks like us knew about the HD2 but at the time it was only on T-Mobile and they were horrible. Might explain why they were dead last in every metric.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
This is only make believe. Why would someone get excited about what a fan dreams his perfect phone would be? It won't ever exist.

so what? its called having an imagination and creativity and being capricious, and most of all its f-u-n

Tjalsma

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
MS will provide OEMs the software they need to make whatever devices they'd like. However, they will not be making another piece of mobile hardware. If the market indicates that people would like a more portable Windows device with cellular bands then I am sure someone will release it...however, I doubt that will ever happen again.

All MS really had to do, from the beginning, is support their own devices. They didn't NEED third parties to make the platform successful...just like Nintendo hasn't really needed third party developers to support their hardware - they support it themselves.

MS had the technology, franchises, and OS to make this a successful platform and they, literally, did everything they could to destroy it. They convoluted and fractured their own market so much that it actually became more difficult for them to release decent apps on their own devices than it was for them to release them on iOS and Android.

Exactly every time their mobile offerings picked up steam they pissed off their fanbase, reset, and moved to something less interesting and functional with even less support.

This "we don't need a 3rd ecosystem" stuff is trash. I can't think of any product in this world that doesn't need more than 2 offerings. Just because they destroyed it doesn't mean it was impossible from the beginning.

Regarding the concept. Yeah, it's interesting but might as well be held by an alien. It's completely impossible for anything like this to be released for decades.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
then if your 950XL is so bad, which mine wasn't that bad or troublesome at all,
then there is better options out there... like the HP X3 that would change your outlook on WM... WM runs fantastic on my X3 and I am extremely happy with them (WM & X3) look WM is not perfect just as android isn't and IOS, but I honestly think everyone is whining overly excessive and I can't understand what the problem is... also what does that even have to do with a concept phone rendering of what would be a fantastic device... again this concept is totally do-able to a certain degree if MS would have the B@lls to do it! so really this isn't a concept but a sorta diagram/schematic to aspire to build and make a reality!

My 950xl runs great, from what I hear of the X3 it runs even smoother than that. I love W10M but honestly I've been burned by MS too many times. I'm pissed off at the possibility of having to choose android. Before my company bought me the latest iPhone I had not been back since the original. I took that phone back to ATT for my Blackberry at the time. Honestly in real use case scenarios android is fractured and iPhone is useless. This is speaking from a power user that runs an enterprise account. I'm pissed off that MS has allowed itself to fail in the mobile arena since ~2010. I'd absolutely love this concept and pay a ridiculous price for it. Unfortunately I don't think it will see the light of day and even if it does given MS's track record in mobile they'll probably dump it shortly after release. I've been around since before Win Phone 7, really wish they'd bring some of that magic back.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My 950xl runs great, from what I hear of the X3 it runs even smoother than that. I love W10M but honestly I've been burned by MS too many times. I'm pissed off at the possibility of having to choose android. Before my company bought me the latest iPhone I had not been back since the original. I took that phone back to ATT for my Blackberry at the time. Honestly in real use case scenarios android is fractured and iPhone is useless. This is speaking from a power user that runs an enterprise account. I'm pissed off that MS has allowed itself to fail in the mobile arena since ~2010. I'd absolutely love this concept and pay a ridiculous price for it. Unfortunately I don't think it will see the light of day and even if it does given MS's track record in mobile they'll probably dump it shortly after release. I've been around since before Win Phone 7, really wish they'd bring some of that magic back.
The x3 is all that when it comes to W10M. Actually, all 3 non+Lumia W10M Phones run super sweet. If camera performance is important to you then you might want to consider keeping the 950XL.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
The x3 is all that when it comes to W10M. Actually, all 3 non+Lumia W10M Phones run super sweet. If camera performance is important to you then you might want to consider keeping the 950XL.

If someone wants to give me an X3 that would be awesome. Unfortunately paying even $1 into a W10M device doesn't make sense to me. If MS comes out with something like this concept If be there in a heartbeat. To those that say you'd still carry your laptop. Yes you would but only for power intensive tasks (video editing, data management). I use my 950xl with continuum on a regular basis. It gets me by and connects with my Enterprise account so much more smoothly than IoS or Android. Honestly if MS doesn't come out with something in the mobile space I'll probably buy the Surface Pro w/LTE and a value specd Android phone. Nothing excites me about the Android flagships.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett