An Excellent Windows 10 Concept In Uservoice

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I was browsing the Windows Uservoice page and found this excellent concept, specially how minimalistic perfect is the file explorer. Unfortunately it only links the image directly, so if anyone knows where this concept is from please share.

original.jpg

Uservoice page

And, so, what do you think of it? To me the notifications centre and the whole taskbar are better as it is in Windows 10 now, but the file explorer and media player are great concepts.

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
both of those pictures are great, too bad W10 won't look like that at all.
they're milking the same-old-boring windows 7 and 8 design, mixed into a mess.

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
um..... haven't you remembered though that us, the fans, basically, whoever is part of the Windows Insider Program and who ever posts ideas on UserVoice, actually have a say in development of Windows 10? I mean it is possible that our feedback and ideas could help improve Windows 10's look further on from what we have now.

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
nice, reminds me of Yosemite though! i also had made some similar design some time ago!
I saw your concept yesterday but there are some points that I dislike:
1. Big back/forward buttons
2. Lack of the current honeycomb address field
3. Your command buttons (minimise, maximise, close) have a standing background
4. I don't like the three standing icons in the right for quite some reasons:
4a. They are giant, notifications icon in tray is better, it only should be easier to spot if there are unread notifications
4b. I don't see a reason to show how many virtual desktops you have, no OS does it (but that's more a personal taste)
4c. The number bubbles are horrible, why a red-orange bubble? Why not the same green as the user's default colour? Why black text if everything else goes to white?

Things that I find stronger in this concept over yours:
1. The use of bolder and bigger fonts to separate groups is stronger than yours with a different background colour
2. The player is nicer than yours, I never liked the Zune look
3. The way it presents the images and their names and types is just sweet

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I was browsing the Windows Uservoice page and found this excellent concept, specially how minimalistic perfect is the file explorer. Unfortunately it only links the image directly, so if anyone knows where this concept is from please share.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1577/9238/original.jpg

Uservoice page

And, so, what do you think of it? To me the notifications centre and the whole taskbar are better as it is in Windows 10 now, but the file explorer and media player are great concepts.

I actually like this concept. I mean ofc some elements there are very un-windows like (i.e. the start button at the corner). But I especially love how the explorer windows is designed. It is a perfect blend of traditional Win32 and Modern UI, which I think MS is still trying hard to work on. Also, the menu that appears when we right click is perfect. I really really love this concept and would like MS to adopt some elements from it

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I saw your concept yesterday but there are some points that I dislike:
1. Big back/forward buttons
The reason i choose big back button is for touch users, if you put small tiny button, it will be hard for people to touch, and they are taken from IE, I made the design so that the button should be reasonable and big enough for both desktop and tablets, i kept the design minimal, while consuming less space so it can display more content and also be a touch friendly UI.

2. Lack of the current honeycomb address field
yes, i thought about it too, and i had some newer ideas to improve it, but right now, l don't have time to do that.

4. I don't like the three standing icons in the right for quite some reasons:
i don't like either, i made changes two or three times and i had some better plans for it, but then windows 10 TP was released and i don't feel like doing it :|

4a. They are giant, notifications icon in tray is better, it only should be easier to spot if there are unread notifications
yes, i did tha, in my very first design, but things change(remember it is still in Beta :p).
4c. The number bubbles are horrible, why a red-orange bubble? Why not the same green as the user's default colour? Why black text if everything else goes to white?
i have not paid much attention to it, i had plans, but never come to reality.... i guess.

Things that I find stronger in this concept over yours:
1. The use of bolder and bigger fonts to separate groups is stronger than yours with a different background colour
i agree, but i hate the fact that there is no icons!! with icons it would be cool.

2. The player is nicer than yours, I never liked the Zune look
i completely disagree! Zune still holds the better design and function. and btw, in my concept i showed only the music player! which has the looks of zune and also the functionality and design decision of Musicbee. btw I never made my video player design to public.

3. The way it presents the images and their names and types is just sweet
yup, it is really nice! i love it.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't say how much I love this concept!!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!!! I HOPE THEY USE SOME ELEMENTS OF THAT IN WINDOWS 10 , ESPECIALLY FOR PHONES !!! I LOVE IT MINE I DO :')

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
The reason i choose big back button is for touch users, if you put small tiny button, it will be hard for people to touch, and they are taken from IE, I made the design so that the button should be reasonable and big enough for both desktop and tablets, i kept the design minimal, while consuming less space so it can display more content and also be a touch friendly UI.
I know they are from IE, but I hate them there too. Spartan already got rid of them. I find the buttons in the OP concept quite touchable, no need to be bigger.

i agree, but i hate the fact that there is no icons!! with icons it would be cool.
Yes, with icons it would be more complete.

i completely disagree! Zune still holds the better design and function. and btw, in my concept i showed only the music player! which has the looks of zune and also the functionality and design decision of Musicbee. btw I never made my video player design to public.
I won't discuss, to my taste Zune is not that nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077