An Unhelpful Divergence Leading Nowhere from Will an "unlocked" 950XL work on Veriizon?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: An Unhelpful Divergence Leading Nowhere from Will an "unlocked" 950XL work on Veriizon?

Sims suck...
No, They do NOT. SIMs are what let you move from carrier to carrier. Even if you don't think you care, whoever buys it from you down the road probably does. And bluetooth even has a profile that lets connected devices use that SIM in your phone, not that many do at least in the US. I think some German market cars sold in Germany use this. Massively better than paying for a separate carrier service for a car's built-in hotspot/emergency calling features.

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: An Unhelpful Divergence Leading Nowhere from Will an "unlocked" 950XL work on Veriizon?

Sim activation sucks. Sims don't suck.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

"Welcome to the thunder dome, bitches"...Waiting(movie reference). After a month I probably won't really care about those two phones, I'll still be on Verizon, waiting and waiting until I just don't see any movement to further convince me to move to att.

maestromato

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

Just tried using my Verizon Sim in my new Lumia 950 XL, it does not work. I can confirm that it does not work!

NateFulton2010

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

Just tried using my Verizon Sim in my new Lumia 950 XL, it does not work. I can confirm that it does not work!

Probably a dumb question but did you try to use the Verizon Web Page to initiate the MEID (or whatever it is...) flip after inserting the SIM?

maestromato

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

"The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network" then I thought I would physically try it just in case

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Trying a Verizon sim will give a similar result as trying an HD-DVD (remember those?) in a Blu-ray player.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Trying a Verizon sim will give a similar result as trying an HD-DVD (remember those?) in a Blu-ray player.

Come on, you don't have your HD-DVD player for the Xbox 360 ? :)

All kidding aside, just as good as Blu-ray and you can get TONS of classic movies on HD-DVD for 1/10 of the Blu-ray costs :)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

All kidding aside, just as good as Blu-ray and you can get TONS of classic movies on HD-DVD for 1/10 of the Blu-ray costs :)
Anyone make a dual deck so I can transfer my LaserDiscs to HD-DVD?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I bought a PS3 the day of release. Cheaper than a BD player at the time. It may have had a part in HD-D's demise. Planning on owning my first ever Xbox device within a year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria