And no... Consumers are not dumb and want Windows 8 with touch...

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Today I did some shopping and I went to a large electronics store here in Switzerland. They had a nice display setup were you could try Windows 8 Notebooks... and everything was on sale with 30% to 50% off.

Problem was it was all non touch, and everybody kind of looked at the machines, touched the screens, which would not react... then touched the next one and next one... then left cause the people all want touch. I then did the same thing and sure enough, all were non touch.

Those non touch Notebooks have become near impossible to sell. Like trying to sell horse carriages in the late 50s...

CONSUMERS are not STUPID! People all know that Windows 8 is for computers with touch and they all want to try and buy that. Problem is... most of the large electronics stores are loaded with non touch... which no one wants any more!

So if the manufacturers don't ship touch, they're simply not going to sell much PCs.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I personally find Windows 8 even without touch (on my desktop too) better than Windows 7 regardless. I have a Surface for the same experience, but touchy.

But yeah, I suppose within some years most laptops would take touch input except maybe the cheapest things. It sorta seems like the logical direction. For now it still sorta seems a bit too expensive of a feature for the usual ~15" basic laptop.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My prediction is that just about all Windows OS laptops will have touchscreens within 2 years (by the end of 2014).

I think Windows 8 (or more accurately, Windows 8 in the Metro/tile interface) works really well with a touchscreen, really well with a mouse, and reasonably well with a non-touchscreen laptop/touchpad.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Even with the mouse/keyboard combination the windows 8 experience is a really good one. I'd have loved to get an all touch screen, but I didn't want my kids' messy little hands all over it. They love the tablet interface so they'd loved touching this big screen.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My laptop + wireless mouse combination on Windows 8 works flawlessly.

I disagree. All notebooks will NOT be touch. There needs to be diversity. Not EVERYONE loves touch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786