And so my 1020 died...

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Having issues with flickering screen. Been bugging me for weeks but yesterday it got a lot worse. Nothing was readable unless I set brightness to low and even then it still looked too bright.

And so I started looking for a replacement. The 1520 was my first choice, but from several outlets I was told that it is "obsolete" and no longer being restocked. What a bummer. I considered 735 and 830, am okay with a temporary phone until the next flagship or 1030 comes along. But the price point for 735 and 830 didn't seem attractive enough especially since I could have paid a little more for a 1520 (if it was available). 535 would have been good, but I needed LTE. Anyway I found a brand new 930 selling at a 25% discount off the original price and comes with Coloud Earphones and powerbank. Pretty happy with the purchase, but kind of sad to leave my 1020 behind. My first sub-41MP phone since the 808.

Btw the 930 does get HOT all around including the metal sides when I was setting it up (installing Denim was the first thing I did).

Sollybro

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
have you tried plugging it into a computer and taking all music pics etc of it and if you have got a micro sd card try putting into another phone then coppying of

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't Lumia 1020 have a full 24 months warranty? They should all be a bit younger than two years so I'd try to take it to warranty repairs.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
You could try a hard reset. Yesterday, most of my apps (including system apps) were corrupted, crashed immediately, etc., after one of these classic camera freezes.

Soft reset and restart didn't make it, but a hard reset, yes. Doesn't cost anything to try, does it? Be sure to backup your apps and settings before reseting the device, though.

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My phone came with a 12 month warranty. I will try a hard reset next - after I've figured out the best way to save, export or archived the Whatsapp messages from that phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788