Another dumb question - keyboard

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey. I mostly use my Iphone day to day. Love the face recognition and the apps. My X3 is at home.

I'm using it now to look to vacation information while my other phone rests and charges. Question, is there any keyboard like the Microsoft one out there?

mnr0Yv7.jpg

I use SwiftKey which is something like Microsofts but not quite.

ra9o5ET.jpg

Any ideas?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
You mean for Android? I think you would have a better shot over at AC. Swiftkey is the one I use and it's as close as I've gotten to anything resembling what I had on w10m

Anthonyfear

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
The thing I missed the most was cursor control, but using IOS keyboard you can use a 'deep press' (3d touch or force touch or whatever they are calling it these days) for cursor control - which is actually better IMHO that the original W10M keyboard.

I actually use GBoard both on Android and IOS - I find it better for word recognition - You can control cursor by pressing and sliding on space bar.

Hope this helps.

Anthony

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
For me, coming from W8.1, TouchPal gave me the best experience in iOS. It has the swype style patterns, and it uses one language at a time (swapable with the spacebar).

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
About 5 months ago there was a sad day that Microsoft killed Word Flow on iOS. That was the best (IMO). Of what is left in my experience:

- Swift Key - nope; quite horrible at predictions. Swiped word cannot be deleted with a single tap. Just no.
- Swype - does okay, but just okay; not really into it
- GoKeyboard - also nope. Bad suggestions / accuracy

The keyboard I use most of the time is GBoard. Somewhat frustrating but better than all of the above for me. I just downloaded TouchPal so we'll see, I will give it a try.

terrokkinit

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey. I mostly use my Iphone day to day. Love the face recognition and the apps. My X3 is at home.

I'm using it now to look to vacation information while my other phone rests and charges. Question, is there any keyboard like the Microsoft one out there?

https://i.imgur.com/mnr0Yv7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ra9o5ET.jpg

Any ideas?

With iPhone, I kept using Word Flow from Microsoft and never looked back. I know it's technically not available any longer, but I refuse to use SwiftKey...it's just not the same.

Otherwise, unless you've downloaded it before, I'm afraid you're out of luck on that one. I've kept Word Flow on my device since it launched and LOVE IT.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

https://i.imgur.com/mnr0Yv7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ra9o5ET.jpg

Any ideas?

Not in 1 billion years, not Swiftkey, as usually (with MS products), it never worked well in my country. I've got fed up with its auto-correct feature, and delete it for good. My favorite is GBoard and my second favorite is iOS native keyboard.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
SwiftKey it's the worst keyboard ever, ever, EVER. The only useful features is voice typing which is surprisingly accurate given that swipe typing or even basic text entry produces endless bizarre predictions.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I actually use GBoard both on Android and IOS - I find it better for word recognition
Same here, I use GBoard on IOS, after turning off most options. :) It has word suggestions for more languages than IOS itself, so that's a plus. I do miss WP10's longer list of suggested words, GBoard only gives 3.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05