Answer phone without having to unlock????

BrickEngraver

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I really bugs me that in order to answer phone have to swipe to unlock. Is there another way to answer it with say the on/off button, windows button.

I want to be able to easily answer a phone call with hand on steering wheel.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
iOS requires you to slide to answer. Not sure about android though. After unlocking do you have to push another icon to answer the call in WP?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Sliding makes sense. There's nothing worse than being unaware that your girlfriend is listening in on your conversation with the lads because it was accidentally answered in your pocket! :D

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I can understand why ms wanted to make it harder to answer. Right now, the slider prevents accidentally tapping answer decline a you pull te phone out of pocket/purse.

However, something like one f androids options - slide up to answer, down to decline - would be fine with me, too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you slide up, then you press Answer or Reject.

Extra step seems unneeded to me. Why not just slide up to answer. If you dont want to answer press the lock button on top and it silences the ring. Thats how it is on iphone and it works great and makes sense to me.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Extra step seems unneeded to me. Why not just slide up to answer. If you dont want to answer press the lock button on top and it silences the ring. Thats how it is on iphone and it works great and makes sense to me.

Coincidentally, the first phone call I got on my Focus I slid up and missed the call because I naturally expected that to answer the call.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I want the slide up to reveal buttons, and then hit buttons. It prevents pocket answering, or accidental answering while getting out. I prefer that extra step.

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I believe if you activate voice control you can answer the phone without unlocking. I seem to remember doing it while driving. give it a shot! :D

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I want the slide up to reveal buttons, and then hit buttons. It prevents pocket answering, or accidental answering while getting out. I prefer that extra step.

Seems rather unlikely that you would push the screen past the unlock point just pulling it out but I do understand the need for not just having a button on the lock screen.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are wearing a wired headset or Bluetooth earpiece than all you have to do is push the button on said device to answer the calls. It all goes back to the phrase of r.t.m.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I know that people have accidently called me a few times and didn't know it. I hear them talking in the background unaware that their phone dialed. I would guess the sliding to unlock was something added to prevent that from happening. I know the thread is about answering, but it could happen without the slide up to answer I would think.

It doesn't bother me, but I understand people who would rather not have it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Again, I have no problem with sliding to answer. I don't think another step is necessary. Do you have to unlock the screen to decline the call or can you push the lock button to silence the ring?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

The only way to pocket answer is if you touch the screen with your finger when you slide your phone out of your pocket. Sliding the phone against the fabric of your pants will not unlock the screen. Just ensure your phone is "screen down", meaning the screen facing your leg. This keeps the screen protected while in your pants and also keeps you from touching the screen when removing the phone.

Then you could slide up to answer; or slide down to reject, silencing the call and sending it to vm. ;)

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Again, I have no problem with sliding to answer. I don't think another step is necessary. Do you have to unlock the screen to decline the call or can you push the lock button to silence the ring?

On my Trophy, if you simply push the power button, it turns the screen off and silences the call. You have to push the power button again to slide up the lock screen to answer or decline the call.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb