Anybody returning your 950 XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I would really like unified email and infrared too. (Yes I use my phones for everything) the end thing that makes me sing like a broken record and a feature I use 10-100 times a day that is not in wm10 or wp in general is PRINT FROM EMAIL within email app. :) this one added feature and I would pick up a 950xl asap. Until then. Nope.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The VVM thing is an OS-level issue with dual SIM devices. Built-in VVM is not supported on dual-SIM devices, period. It's not a locked vs unlocked thing.

Gustav A

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
In response to "Gustav A".

Shure my husband beats me but I love him. At least that what I hear you saying, personally I don't have to take it.

:wink:

Well, again I'm sorry if I approached the criticisms a little bit harshly. I didn't mean to offend or be rude.

I think my points still stand, but I probably could have made them with more tact.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You won't have a unified inbox after you update.

Dude.. really? I get all your reasons but this one is so stupid. Youre acting like you will never get unified inbox but you will. MS temporarily removed it because it caused crashing. It will be back soon. So why state it as a reason to get rid of your phone? Makes no sense.

therealcostanza

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I got my phone yesterday, and after about 6 hours, decided to return it. May have rushed to judgement, but thankfully I have another 28ish days until I have to return it for full refund to MSFT. Likely, for many of the reasons posters mentioned here, I'll be returning it too.

I was a passionate WP user from 2010. I understand why a lot of users come here to defend the OS. Other than a few gimmicks, I can't see why this is more attractive anymore over iOS or Android. There are features people want, and they aren't there. No reason to jump down someone's throat. If you don't mind using Edge to pay for your coffee, that's great for you. I, and millions of others, want a dedicated app. It's one less thing in my busy life I have to think about. Phones have evolved to be a tool that should make your life easier and work for you.

On the other hand, I think the apple watch is overly-hyped fashionware, and hope to get a Band 2.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Visual voicemail is built in the os there's no need for a tmobile app
FYI I'm trying to verify but someone posted that WM doesn't support VVM on dual SIM phones which is at least plausible enough to check into. Since I've had VMM with unlocked single SIM Lumias on T-Mobile with both WP8 and WM10 Insider, maybe dual SIMs is a temporary stumbling block.

therealcostanza

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I have not been able to get VVM to work on any WP phone since WP8 came out on ATT. It just never worked, and I stopped trying. People learned not to leave me voicemail.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
It would be interesting to discover the reasons anyone else would return their Lumia 950 XL.

I am returning, I will post my reasons as the first reply.
I'm surprised you bought one at all. Many of the reasons you gave were widely known.

Since the goal was thumbing your nose at other phone users, maybe you can find some other way to stand out.

I'm not 100% sure I'm keeping mine but its all due to unpleasant surprises. Hopefully some turn out to be operator error and others get fixed quickly. There's plenty of good so they may still out-way any remaining downsides for me.

Lyndon Sanche

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Personally I don't see the problem with the absence of VVM on the phone. Regular voicemail does the job just fine, and if you want VVM so you can keep records of your voicemail, these phones include the ability to record phone calls so that shouldn't be an issue.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone yesterday, and after about 6 hours, decided to return it. May have rushed to judgement, but thankfully I have another 28ish days until I have to return it for full refund to MSFT. Likely, for many of the reasons posters mentioned here, I'll be returning it too.

I was a passionate WP user from 2010. I understand why a lot of users come here to defend the OS. Other than a few gimmicks, I can't see why this is more attractive anymore over iOS or Android. There are features people want, and they aren't there. No reason to jump down someone's throat. If you don't mind using Edge to pay for your coffee, that's great for you. I, and millions of others, want a dedicated app. It's one less thing in my busy life I have to think about. Phones have evolved to be a tool that should make your life easier and work for you.

On the other hand, I think the apple watch is overly-hyped fashionware, and hope to get a Band 2.

Apple Watch may be overhyped but sometimes it's god send sometimes to answer a phone call on your watch when your phone is dying or on charge.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This thread is an interesting read but honestly, OP the issues you have described seem to be fairly well-known or have been discussed in this thread multiple times. I hope you decide to give your phone a fair go and decide if it fits your needs then. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria