Anyone actually still excited for official app?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking over what Stephen Elop was saying in the presentation, and I don't recall hearing for sure whether or not the app was official. I don't remember him making that clear. But I live in the US so it was in the middle of the night. I could have missed something! :asleep: Is Instagram developing the app, or is Microsoft? I assumed it was Instagram, but later I was 2nd guessing myself.

Instagram is creating it. I've seen some screenshots of the app and it actually sort of looks like 6tag in a lot of ways .

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
not really, probably stick with 6tag, only thing i am missing is video, since i have to pay for it using 6tag. but dont do a lot of vid anyway

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually am still excited for the official app. I know that 6tag is awesome, I love it! But I just like the feeling of using an official app. I might keep using 6tag even when the official app is released because knowing Instagram, they'll probably launch the app without video support >.>

However if the app is good I'll definitely use it over 6tag, probably mainly because of push notifications. I would rather support Rudy, but on the other hand, I'd rather use an official app.

We'll see, though! The official app might suck compared to 6tag... but nonetheless, I'm excited for the release of the official app.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Is it me (and my limited english comprehension) or you guys get excited very easily?
For the meaning I give to "to excite" (not the sexual one of course), I can never be excited for an app...

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Is it me (and my limited english comprehension) or you guys get excited very easily?
For the meaning I give to "to excite" (not the sexual one of course), I can never be excited for an app...

Yeah we throw excited around relatively easy but it is not as bad as our use of love.

We love our wife. We love our kids. We love our mothers. We love tacos. :amaze:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So far, the only apps I was "excited" to get the full version of are Pandora, Rdio and Rhapsody. I'm cool with 6tag for Instagram. But he only other app I will be excited to see is Flipboard.

Donut Y

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am very much still excited.

Call me a sheep or whatever, but I'd much rather use an official app over a third party app any day, even if the third party app has more flair to it.

fauzanade

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm really excited because instagram is one of the most popular apps in the world and windows phone need this kind of attention.
Look who hiding behind this iPhone 5 !

wp got insta.PNG

at first i thought it was 5c then i look the back button lol :amaze:
source : Instagram Home Page

Elephant2000

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
While it is better for the platform overall to have it, I admit I have lost interest in the official app. 6tag is a superior product. This is the same as Foursquare v. 4th and Mayor, where the third party steps up over the official app. I just hope Rudy doesn't get screwed in this. That would be a blow to developers. Rudy, on his own, picked up the ball for the platform, and made it better.

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
are you sure it is Lumia? Lumias don't have buttons on the left.. and androids doesnt have back button either... so which phone is that?

CopaCC

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I had kind of hoped they would buy out Rudy and re-brand 6tag as official, the way Tapatalk did with Foroplex. Seems a waste to duplicate the work.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
im not as excited as i was since 6tag does everything i need it to do. If it works better or has more functionality maybe i will use it more. but i dont see that happening right away, i will install it and tr it out and go from there but to me its not a big deal anymore Rudy solved our instagram woes a long time ago. would be interesting if the official instagram app added contact integration in the people hub like twitter does.

really the only reason to use the official app over rudys is any potential ghost banning or hashtag issues

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes.

It doesn't matter if you like 6tag better or if 6tag is a better product. What matters is that Windows Phone will have the Instagram app, and that is one of the things it needs for wider adoption. All the people who have shied away from Windows Phone because it doesn't have Instagram don't want 6tag. They want Instragram. And now Windows Phone will have it.

Whether or not 6tag is allowed to exist after the official app arrives is an unknown. If it is allowed to exist, then people have a second, better option. But it's Instagram itself that's going to bring people.

Marco Gomes1

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
It?s always nice to have the official apps. It brings credibility and more users to the OS. Having said this, i seriously doubt the official app will be better than 6tag, at least in the early versions. I will take a look at it but i will not trade 6tag for an inferior app, official or not. This kind of reminds me of the "Beem Plus" and the "Digitally imported" apps. Digitally imported finally came to WP and i have them both in my 920 for the time being but when im in the mood for electronic music i keep going to Beem Plus.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not excited at all, we're all spoiled by 6tag with all its amazing features and great looking UI. There is absolutely nothing the official app can do better..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar