Anyone else experiencing random time and date resets after Black update?

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My L920 has started to lose track of the time/date - resetting itself to July last year seems the preferred date. When this happens, it causes all sorts of syncing errors with email especially. It also seems to affect Twitter through "network connection" errors.

It first happened straight after the Black update. I have carried out several resets (volume down and power button), but it still happens. The only apps I have are ebay, LinkedIn, My T-Mobile (UK version), Twitter. My phone is unlocked and I am in the UK.

Is anyone else have the same problem? Anyone know the cause and therefore the solution?

Karthik Pm

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem in my LUMIA 520.
manually set the time and date, you may restart the mobile without taking the battery out!
Don't know the cause actually, it is irritating!

Karthik Pm

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia Amber, i said that it is not BLACK UPDATE fault, it may be some other issue, by the way i heard that Lumia 520 is also having Black Update, check in google!

Karthik Pm

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I think i found the reason for default in time and date!
Settings>>>>>Mobile network>>>>> set as automatic
Settings>>>>> Date and time>>>>>>set as automatic!
Hope it'll help

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
This just happened to me today! I manually set the date and time back to current, and set the date and time to automatically set...

When I set the time and date, I routinely set the toggle to "Set automatically", but it still happens. There doesn't seem to be a reason, although it's only happened since the Black update came through, so I wondered whether there was a link...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss