Anyone get a Pebble Time yet ? Does it work with WP Pebble Notifications app ?

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Taken just a little while ago from my VM.... and I still have the CD for the Plus! Pack for Windows 95 :)
View attachment 107172

Speaking of WIndows Phone, so you like retro stuff huh ? You know about Windows Phone but, do you know of Microsoft Phone ?
View attachment 107173

Microsoft Phone was an application for Windows 95 that came with Creative Modems. It was a voice mail program (OEM with a Voice Modem), very simple to use but, it could be as complex as you wanted, dropped new voice messages into your email program and you could do crazy complex menus if you wanted (press 1 for blah, press 2 for blah blah, etc).

Loved the Program, it uses TAPI in Windows, it still worked under Windows 7 32 bit with a few minor issues (wont run in 64 bit), I still have the CD sitting right here :)

I think I have a 32bit VM of Windows 10, should try it for a LOL...It is 16bit so it might not run..

Thank you for the reminder of Microsoft Phone......as I totally forgot I have a copy of what it became in Windows 98SE

3Com and Microsoft teamed up to give people a way to network in the home and share one internet connection, without a router for under $100

HomeClick
WP_20150627_001.jpg

As your home is already wired with phone line and outlets, this adds a Network card to a PC and plugged into a standard phone jack.

So you could have 1 computer serve the internet to other computers in the house and still use the phone line to make and get calls.

That Windows 95 Microsoft Phone got a redo and became almost switchboard like, as each computer was it's own extension. As we had 3 Adults and 3 kids in the house and only 1 phone line, callers were greeted by Microsoft Phone and directed to whom they wished to talk to or leave a message for.
You know I bet this gear would still work under Windows 7 LOL

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Neat, I remember the Networking gear, nothing like today but, dam it did work in most cases. (still slow to today's standards)

You know I bet this gear would still work under Windows 7 LOL

You'd be shocked on what still runs on Windows 7. The KEY thing is, don't try to run this stuff under 64 bit, It will fail. Most of this stuff will run under 32 bit file. I even have a few small programs and games that were available for Windows 3.11 and I was able to get them to run under Windows 7 32 bit....

It's one of the great things about Windows, compatibly...

Another retro thing for ya... Dos 6.22 and Windows 95 upgrade on floppy (still have these in a zip lock bag, DOS as 3 disks and Win95 was 13 disks)..
discs_n.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs