Anyone installed Windows 10 in lumia 535 ?

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having difficulties uninstalling apps, and cause i usually store them in the microSD. When i reformat the phone, all the apps became undetectable. You can hold down on the app, and the additional menu pop up but when you hit remove, nothing happens.

The worst part is when i tried to hard-reset thinking of clearing bugs, the phone now won't boot. The hard-reset fails, it shows the hamburger -> loads really fast -> :-( (that's the icon/face it shows). Gosh. Regret.

​It worked fine actually. So many hard-reset, it's the first time this has happened.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you have happen to read what Dan Rubino said about the 10149 build. I largely echo the same views. Whilst it worked well on his 1520, it is a premium end device compared to our more budget 535.

He mentioned about hard reset, I did the same but something went terribly wrong and it was giving boot loops. Trying to redo hard reset didn't work, ended up using recovery tool and install Windows insider to update to latest build.

Whilst scaling is fixed for some apps, others like BBM is not fixed (can't see what I'm typing). Before sending.

My final point, is try to keep your apps on phone memory instead of SD. As the phone did hang on another occasion and force restarting caused apps on Storage Card

In summary, fortune favours the brave. If you have it as a spare then go ahead (it is the smoothest preview build so far). But I am expecting good things here on end for Win10.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on 1+1

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Xtremez, is reachability feature working on 535? MS said it works for screens of 5" and above! Can u please confirm if it works? :)

The reachability I tried but didn't work, can't remember if it was the latest build or the one before haven't tested

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on 1+1

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, here's a word of advice. This new build is nice to play around with, but i would still recommend only do it if you have another phone to use in the interim. You can refer to my #43 post, some of the experience i encountered on the latest build.

It definitely looks prettier, but may not be prime time just yet. Good news is, July 29th is only a month away.

acseva

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Good news is, July 29th is only a month away.

That may be true, however, the Windows 10 Mobile version will not be released on the same date as its PC counterpart, but a bit later, according to some articles on the web (cannot link, 8 more posts to go... )

Meanwhile, I took the plunge and installed Windows 10 to my Lumia (again) and without a doubt, this build is the best one yet. Seems quite stable, but of course I've encountered with some bugs:

• the quiet hours option in the quick settings list in the action centre does not work, if you tap on it, nothing happens. Also, the small moon icon keeps blinking.
  • sometimes, when I swipe up to 'exit' the notifications, the screen goes blank (not off, just blank). If I lock-relock the phone all is fine again.
  • I can confirm what xtremez mentioned that apps on the SD-card do not seem to work as intended, I too could not remove the apps that were installed on my card.
  • after unlocking the phone, it takes a while for the Start screen to appear. Not disturgingly slow, but noticeable.

Last edited:

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I wonder why Windows 10 for mobile needs to be released months after it's PC version? It would be better if they released both PC and Mobile of Windows 10 on the same day.

mban94

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have installed windows 10 but only few apps are running correctly. There too many bugs, even messaging app does not open.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the lack of updates.

I've finally got the phone setup despite the busy schedule. I recalled there was a question about the one handed use, i can confirm on 10149, holding down the Windows button brings the screen down so that's working.

Not too sure about the messaging app. However, it seems to be working fine somewhat. There is still some scaling issue on the phone, however i think if there's a version safe to be considered as a daily driver, this might be the one although i've found it abit challenging to keep my 1+1 back in the drawer.

However, i've set the phone up and it seems to be okay. There seemed to be a bug with Outlook but seems to have gone away with the hard-reset so i can't really pinpoint the problem on that.

Mark Jaranilla1

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone able to install TP 10166?

Also for example, I have installed Windows 8.1 Update 2 on my phone and have not tried any of the previous TP versions, will it automatically install TP 10166? Or has anyone tried TP 10166 on his/her L535 Hardware Version 3.0.0.0?

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've been able to install 10166. Using Windows Insider, Fast Ring and Update phone.

In conjunction with Windows 10 launch coming up in 9 days time, i'm gonna use my L535 as a daily driver (for the first time since switching from 8.1 to TP10) and see how it goes from there. After giving the significant other my 32GB card with the BlackBerry Z30. Took quite alot of convincing to put away my 1+1 for the time being.

So I got myself a Sandisk Extreme 64GB to compensate for the lack of internal storage space. Finally have got everything sorted more or less. Some of the issues i can recall i'll list below, if there are fixes or workarounds do sound out.

1. Instagram Beta doesn't work - Fix : Use 6Tag
2. Box doesn't work - Fix : Use Dropbox and Mega
3. Keyboard seems to get better over-time, it was really sensitive at first. Not sure what changed but it's better now.
4. Apps that have not been updated in awhile or developers who do not actively update WP : Scaling issue, unable to see action buttons.
5. Lumia Camera doesn't seem to be available anymore, seems to be called Windows Camera.
6. Apps that are listed free, when you search the store price tag is still there (could be a region issue)
7. Cortana doesn't seem to have settings as before (at least it's working now unlike the past 2 builds). Remember to set region and language to : US - English
8. When moving apps to SD card, try not to move apps that you frequently use. As restarting sometimes, cause the app to be unavailable. It happened before, fortunately when i restarted again, the apps came back without needing to uninstall and reinstall. Could be mainly an issue with storing apps in external storage rather than the build in particular.

The phone is holding up okay so far, hopefully more apps will come in with Project Astoria it looks pretty seamless and will work across PC. Thought it was like BB10 runtime, but seems to be more native which is good.

That's my update for now. I think it's safe to be a daily driver or seems that way.*Fingers crossed*

Azam Kgn

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I've installed the Windows 10 preview on my 535. Many things aren't working (many live tiles, lock screen app, location, Cortana, a bunch of apps), but the 535 is not my main phone so I'll keep W10 to see how it evolves. The notification bar is not working well: swiping down is a hit-or-miss.. swiping up even worse, you have to put your finger on the colored stripe at the bottom and wait until it changes color, only then you can swipe up. I guess they will fix these things with time.how to get back to previewes version widows 8.1 please help..

Quick reply to this message Reply

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi Azam Kng,

good day friend

i had installed in lumia 535 but as i seen its not working good as windows 8.1 does, so roll it back, make my lumia 535 windows 8.1 phone.

so if you want to roll back your windows 10 from your mobile, download and install windows phone recover tool from microsoft site or you should google for it.(i found that easily by google)

and follows these instructions after the installation of windows phone recover tool:

Make sure you have more than 60% battery before while you starting for recovery

1. connect your windows phone via usb cable to pc.
2. start windows phone recovery tool in your pc.
3. wait for until your phone not found or showing in recovery tool.
4. if your phone not showing then go for alternative option mentioned in tool.
5. recovery tool check and download latest windows 8.1 for your connected device.
6. after downloading windows phone automatically start in recovery mode(dont disconnect while your phone in recovery mode) it will take more or less 10 minutes.
7. yuhuuuu... welcome back windows 8.1(god bless me :winktongue:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobColline