Anyone notice some of the Apple rumors

TricBox

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that some of the rumored items Apple is to announce on Monday WP7
already has or were announced for "Mango"? For example wireless sync and twitter integration. From what I've read Twitter may be integrated like FB is with WP7 and we are supposed to get Twitter added to our integration. And wireless sync has been a part of Zune for a while and WP7 since the beginning. I guess Apple is copying M$ this time :)

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yah I saw those, and there is also rumor of them adding Android style notifications & widgets to the interface. Its just sort of how things work, eventually competetors will need to add certain things, or improve on things. Good for iPhone users I guess, but the integration will still be nothing near as good as windows phone, not only because we will have facebook, linked in & twitter integration (and lync/skype eventually), but the whole OS has a type of integration that the others don't.

Will be interesting to see what they do though, and obviously Apple is feeling the heat from Android, and should be worried about what WP becomes in the next year.

I do thinks MS could also improve its notification system like Apple is rumored to do by allowing some sort of notification hub/dropdown or something to the left of the home screen that gives you a notification history that items are removed from only once you've addressed/read them. While I like the way the notifications appear up top, and the live tiles, there needs to be some sort of way to see all of them in one easy to access place so you don't have to have all your apps on the home screen, and don't have to scroll up and down to see the notification icons.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
The sad thing is Apple will advertise these features every 5 minutes on TV while the majority of people don't even know that WP7 exists.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Its just natural progression. It was bound to happen. Blackberry has the integration now. Wireless synch was something people begged for, for a long time.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
They will advertise it as changing everything, again. And magical wonderfulness. And people will believe they invented it all. Sad, but marketing genius to the masses at its best.

I do think MS will kick advertising into high gear when mango is released though. I agree with what I read somewhere the other day the initial release was kind of a 'soft' release, and Mango will be the 'hard' release. A release of the full featured platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler