Anyone see any lines?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I doubt there will be any lines. If Lumia 920 does well, it will be more of about people gradually seeing the phone and accepting the WP OS.

flyeaglesfly

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
was the only one at the store i just got back from...was actually the only person who even asked about it at all according to them (this is in north mississippi). regardless, i got my beast of a phone...loving it already!

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
There was about 10 ppl at the store I went to in CT, the staff all had WP8 shirts on. Lots of talk among staff and customers - was nice to see. LOVE the phone and its only been a few minutes.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it was more hyped like the Surface RT was if there would have been some lines. Mine is on the FedEx truck and I can't wait to get it.

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
was the only one at the store i just got back from...was actually the only person who even asked about it at all according to them (this is in north mississippi). regardless, i got my beast of a phone...loving it already!

It's quite sad, such a beast of a phone but no one knows about it and all the sheep will get the iPhone 5 not knowing any better what a shame! (I had to give in and get an iPhone 4 but glad that nokia/windows have made a decent contender to try out, I know I won't be disappointed!)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It seems that the phone release date wasn't determined until the last minute.

Advertising was probably held off until it was released because they weren't quite sure when it would launch.

I expect to start seeing some ads. We're already seeing it pop up in music videos.

I think the biggest form of advertising Nokia is hoping for this time is the actual recommendation of the salesman in the store.

flyeaglesfly

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It's quite sad, such a beast of a phone but no one knows about it and all the sheep will get the iPhone 5 not knowing any better what a shame! (I had to give in and get an iPhone 4 but glad that nokia/windows have made a decent contender to try out, I know I won't be disappointed!)

it is, and unfortunately they didn't know much about it at all. most were flabbergasted when i mentioned that the phone had 32gb of storage and was only $99. they all had windows 8 shirts on and did seem genuinely interested in the phone, so at least there was that.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just to add on, I did not get a free wireless charging pad - they did not get them in yet. They made a note on my account and said I can pick it up soon as they get it or from another ATT store.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, a guy at work e-mailed me. I work from home. But he works over in the 35/Valley View area. Not sure how he gets there. He was going to try again at lunch.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I had 15ish people. I had no idea there would be that many people at store opening. Fortunately most people were stupid and sat in their cars even though the weather was nice. So I was second person in. And they said they had like 5 black, 2 red, 2 white. So Not everyone is getting one.

I know a couple wanted the 8X though.

Ron Paul

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was the first person in to the store a minute after opening. After around 10 minutes of being inside the store, three other people came in looking for Windows phones. One was after the 8X. Another bought himself a Lumia 920 like myself. The fourth was silent as he waited to be assisted.

The store was mostly prepared. A few 820s in the 920 stock section hah, no issue.

The first white Nokia Lumia 920 the associate opened for me had a raised screen in the lower right corner. After having issues with a Motorolal Atrix with a raised screen, I asked him to get me a different one. He happily obliged my request after hearing of my previous responsiveness issue on the Atrix. Second 920's screen was flush :)

All in all, a great experience. Wireless charger is being shipped to my dorm ASAP.

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
2 in front of me for the phone at my store. Went to the further store as my local one was still showing Out of Stock.

This store had a Black and White on display. After looking at both I still stuck with my original decision to stay with the Black. White (and probably the other glossy options) is waaaay to glossy and a fingerprint/smudge magnet IMHO...

Reps all had Windows 8 shirts on as well as the store had a huge display of the phone (twice as large as the iPhone). Reps obviously had limited experience with the phone/platform and also were unaware of the free charging plate offer (they had to look it up). They didn't have any of the plates in stock but they placed an order in the system to have it shipped directly from the warehouse to my home.. :)

Overall a very positive experience and the staff was actually a bit excited about the phone as well. I believe they are being now told to actually push the Windows phones/platform MUCH more than before - which is a good omen... :)

Lumia92101

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Standing in a line of ONE at the downtown San Diego store. 10 more minutes to go!

The online stock for this store is not correct. I know they have couple whites and couple reds in stock, but online only shows black.

geekjimmy

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I stopped by at midnight

Just for giggles (and because it was on my way home from work), I stopped by my local AT&T store at midnight. It was closed, as expected, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb