Anywhere I can find a Lumia 1520.3 (RM-938)?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ya, my yellow one status: In stock, order sent to warehouse.

When Denim hits, I'm training Cortana to answer to: "Oh, Big Yellow Phone!" She'll call me, "Squishy Life Form." We'll have lots of fun with that out in public...

If it's "embarrassing" to talk to your phone (and I see people staring just with the voice search already) I say push it over the top. :winktongue:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Don't wait to order from B&H. They were $490 when I bought, $519 recently and out of stock. Now they have some more and the price went up to $529.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If it's "embarrassing" to talk to your phone (and I see people staring just with the voice search already) I say push it over the top. :winktongue:
Agree about pushing it. I just started carrying a smartphone in the last few years. I'm sorry but they were just too immature for my tastes. I liked what they could do but hated how they did it in such crude and unsophisticated ways. Anyway, after carefully researching, comparing and trying Android, iPhone and WP8 and choosing WP, I cleared the details of the analysis from my brain. So I don't recall the voice capabilities of the others but assume from the comments, questions and looks that WP does voice things the others don't. And the reactions are positive. I don't know if the people asking know iPhones, but for example I am regularly asked if I have the new iPhone when I tell it to read me texts and dictate answers without taking it out of my pocket. Lost count of how many people said I wish my phone could (fill in the blank).

I think voice control is going to expand a lot. I hope the phones get good at separating their owners' voices from others nearby. Then again, it might be fun to say "delete all contacts" next to someone you don't like.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought my black 1520 from B&H in October for $499. I was happy, but I would totally pay the premium to get the yellow.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...but assume from the comments, questions and looks that WP does voice things the others don't. And the reactions are positive. I don't know if the people asking know iPhones, but for example I am regularly asked if I have the new iPhone when I tell it to read me texts and dictate answers without taking it out of my pocket. Lost count of how many people said I wish my phone could (fill in the blank)...

When I was in Italy I got some great mileage out of Bing Translator...

My wife and I had gone to a Mall in Rome and at the Taxi Stand you needed to press an intercom button to have the concierge call for your taxi. There was another couple that came up to get a cab... They spoke Russian and broken English, no Italian. I used Bing again (for them) to have my phone ask the concierge in Italian, "Si chiamera un taxi per me per favore?" (Will you call a taxi for me please?)

The lady was stunned when my phone spoke Italian for me and she stood there staring at her iPhone wondering how to get it to do that trick. I'm pretty sure iPhone could do it with the right App. People have these amazing tools in their hands and they use them for sexting and FB updates and think that's it.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
BTW, ordered a yellow 1520.3 from B&H on 12/12/2014, website said backordered until 12/15, phone got shipped 12/16. I will get it 12/19. YAHOO!!! Paid $520 plus $6 shipping in the US. B&H throws in a free 8GB microSD card too. For me, if you're going to get a 1520, it's got to be the 1520.3 in order to get the Qi charging. 32GB internal memory is also cool. Happy Holidaze!

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I got my white one from B&H recently. I must have hit at the right time because It was only a week between clicking 'buy' and it showing up on my porch.

My only concern is if and when this thing will get denim

I simply refuse to give AT&T money for what is essentially a crippled version of this phone.

The two downside thus far was the softcard would not work because it was not ATT branded, but that particular 'problem' just went away - however, I have a sneaking suspicion that any NFC tap-to-pay schemes MS chooses to launch in future will somehow require 'carrier branded' phones, or some such BS like that.

Other than that, great phone!

oh, the other downside .. yeah, I needed to buy bigger clutch purses to fit this thing -- for a girl that can be quite an investment!!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I got my white one from B&H recently. I must have hit at the right time because It was only a week between clicking 'buy' and it showing up on my porch.

My only concern is if and when this thing will get denim
The wait was over yesterday! Luv'n hey Cortana, camera app and 4k video recording.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster