[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Awesome app, I was more than happy to pay for it! Having a blast revisiting old favorites like crash bandicoot xD I hope you can clear up the sound issue with FFVII. I've waited forever to be able to play that game on my phone (and looked at android with envy) and now that I can I'm overjoyed! I just hope I can fully enjoy the music and FX in it soon as well :p

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
When I download the BIOS of of internet with my phone I can't find it in emipsx, do I have to put in on skydrive with my pc and then download it from there like an actual rom?? Please help...

Lucas Libanio

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Tried Chrono Cross and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment on my lumia 720. The download from skydrive is very slow, it took me hours to download each one of these games...
That aside, I could load them the first time right after the download was finished, but once I closed the app and tried running them again, the screen goes black as if it were loading, but then resumes right back to the emulator screen.

Can someone shed some on light on this problem please? I've tried changing configurations and running the games with and without bios, but nothing works.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
When I download the BIOS of of internet with my phone I can't find it in emipsx, do I have to put in on skydrive with my pc and then download it from there like an actual rom?? Please help...

Yes. If your phone doesn't have an SD card, upload the files to skydrive, and then download them to the phone through the emipsx app.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Tried Chrono Cross and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment on my lumia 720. The download from skydrive is very slow, it took me hours to download each one of these games...
That aside, I could load them the first time right after the download was finished, but once I closed the app and tried running them again, the screen goes black as if it were loading, but then resumes right back to the emulator screen.

Can someone shed some on light on this problem please? I've tried changing configurations and running the games with and without bios, but nothing works.

Change the name of the games bin file inside emipsx by long tapping it and then it should work again

Weazel_666

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't get digimon to work either, will be a compatibility issue, not everything will work atm. As for the lag try changing the settings in config; lower CPU speed

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Attached is cbin utility, is a command line tool to compress image files. The compressed files gives a little performance drop.
usage cbin.exe compressionlevel "gamename.iso" "compressedname.bin"
compressionlevel is a number from 1 to 9.
tested with bin, iso and img, may work with other formats.

Attachments

• cbin.zip
    90.4 KB · Views: 30
Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Attached is cbin utility, is a command line tool to compress image files. The compressed files gives a little performance drop.

Do you really think we need a performance drop?JK,it's an awesome emulator but will you be able to solve compatibility issues in next update(coz only 1 in every 4 games work) and when will it be coming???

CSnts92

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

The emulator runs almost perfect to me (every game I tried did work), the only issue is the noisy sound. I'm looking forward for an update that can fix that
I bought the app to support you!

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
The emulator runs almost perfect to me (every game I tried did work), the only issue is the noisy sound. I'm looking forward for an update that can fix that
I bought the app to support you!

Seriously??For me 6 out of 20+ games worked.. :eek:
which worked for you and in which configuration/settings???
Can you explain plz???

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
When I try gta 2 without bios the app just freezes and when I try it with bios the game loads up fine but I'm stuck at the main screen because the buttons don't work...

CSnts92

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Seriously??For me 6 out of 20+ games worked.. :eek:
which worked for you and in which configuration/settings???
Can you explain plz???

Alundra, Final Fantasy 8, Metal Slug, Digimon World 2003 and Xenogears (all of them were .bin files). I didn't touch the settings
running on samsung ativ s

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Alundra, Final Fantasy 8, Metal Slug, Digimon World 2003 and Xenogears (all of them were .bin files). I didn't touch the settings
running on samsung ativ s

yeah,Alundra worked for me as well,but I havennt played the other games in your list.
For me,None of the 3 WWF games worked,nor brian lara cricket,or FIFA 2005,or Harry Potter 2,or GTA series or Dracula or Driver 2. :cry:
The games which worked were Tekken 3,Silent Hill,Resident Evil2,Alundra,Persona 2,Driver :cool:
Will try out Resident Evil and Resident Evil 3 tonight. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb