App Idea - Push notification when user enters high-crime area

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I apoligize for the lack of progress recently, but i've been having trouble finding a source for the data - it appears that American crime data isn't granular enough for use in this kind of application. I'm still looking, but the project is on hold until I find a way to get data that will work as I expect it to.

bc1967

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I apoligize for the lack of progress recently, but i've been having trouble finding a source for the data - it appears that American crime data isn't granular enough for use in this kind of application. I'm still looking, but the project is on hold until I find a way to get data that will work as I expect it to.

I've been thinking of doing something similar, especially after just seeing there was another smash and grab robbery in Chicago this morning, this time a Neiman Marcus on the Mag Mile. Of course it would help if I knew something about app development in the first place. I'm a long way from doing this, if ever.

There is an app like this in the Play Store, but it's for Australia. They must have a reliable, consistently updated data source.

Anyway, I wish you luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99