[App] Lightning Distance Calc.

FedoraShark

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey All, I have had my first app on the marketplace for more than a month now and thought perhaps I should find another place to share it, so wpcentral it is.

Description from store
Take the guess work out of calculating the distance of lightning strikes.
Press the button when you see lightning and press it again when you hear the thunder.

Speed of sound varies with air temperature. We access local weather information to deliver the most accurate speed of sound possible.

- Simple, intuitive interface.
- Accurate speed of sound calculation.
- Visual and auditory reflex tester included to decrease human error.

Sidenotes
If you look at the screen shots you will notice the app bar is red, the color of that isn't actually red. It's set to be the color of your chosen theme. So if its mango its going to be mango. I wasn't sure if I should even have put that in the features.

When I first released the app, I forgot to set the version number so it went out as version 0.0.0.0 but I can't seem to get the actual version of the app to match with what goes onto the store. So >.<

For the future I do plan on incorporating the compass to then drop pins on the map as to where the lightning <massive air quotes>hit</massive air quotes> The user will have to orient themselves to the direction of the lightning strike and when they hit stop, fancy math will happen and then bam you have pins on the map (obviously I have to figure out the fancy math)

If you do buy it, It would be awesome if you could leave a review. Feedback/Thoughts/Ideas are also appreciated. (what you see from the screen shots, is what you get) I wanted to create a awesome quality app and I really try to deliver.

Marketplace Link
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/3e71c7e6-0c85-4064-84e7-3d6efde3ecbd

Have a classy day.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Thanks for sharing your app with us.

Welcome along to WPCentral FedoraShark. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99