App updates galore!

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Just a few moments ago, I received app update notifications for a whopping 40 apps. I have never seen anywhere near that many updates at once. Did something special just happen? Anyone else have that happen to them?

YoDaMic

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Just a few moments ago, I received app update notifications for a whopping 40 apps. I have never seen anywhere near that many updates at once. Did something special just happen? Anyone else have that happen to them?

Did you recently do a hard reset? I have had this happen after doing this. Usually like a day after resetting I get a ton of updates.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I really don't understand the mechanism of the app update notification, as I received my brand new Samsung ATIV S this February, I had to dig up the app updates one by one in Marketplace, literally, since it didn't pick them up automatically, then some 2 months later, I found that app updates poped up automatically between 7:30AM~8:30AM Taiwan time daily, I thought that MS might fixed the update problem, making it regularly. But some months later, the app updates began to pop up by 12:00PM~12:30PM, and now they appear to be showing up by 11:00AM.

I'm quite confused with this, since I don't enroll in any data plan from my carrier, all my internet connections on my phone are WiFi, I can only connect to free public WiFi hotspots when outside my home, which is very inconvenient. Compared with my previous Windows Phone HTC HD7, it seems to be no such problem, my HD7 would receive app updates when I turn it on, or connect to WiFi, no need to concern what time it is.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Did you recently do a hard reset? I have had this happen after doing this. Usually like a day after resetting I get a ton of updates.

No reset, but I did run my 920 without a SIM card for 2 days while I used my GS3 for a change of pace. I largely left the 920 off the first day, but I put it on the charging pad the second day so it turned on. Even if it was 3 days' worth of updates, it still seems like a lot.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I had the 40 updates, and this morning I wake up to a locked 920. I had to soft-reset it. I hope the weirdness is over...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99