Apparently Anime Fans love Windows Phone

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
So this last weekend I attended the Dallas Anime-fest at the Sheraton hotel, and noticed something odd. Everyone of course has their phones out taking pictures, and at least a quarter of them were windows phones! Most were low end 520's, a few mid range, and one 920. I don't know why anime fans in particular would be pre-disposed to them, but they were everywhere. It was also very ***** having stranger know how to use my 920 for pics!

Thoughts welcome.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
At CES in January, I saw a TON of Lumia 1020's in use. Also at NAB, but not SDCC. So, it seems to be a random thing not only limited to the con you went to...

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I think there are people who like WP simply because it's different or distinct, wouldn't surprise me if there's a correlation between being an anime fan and liking things that are unique and different from the mainstream. What's funny though is that the anime 'Aldnoah Zero' gave a shout out to Windows Phone in a scene.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I can blame Microsoft Japan and Microsoft Taiwan for that. The former started it all with the OS-tan Madobe Nanami (Madobe = Windows; Nana = 7), followed up by Madobe Yu and Ai for Windows 8/RT. (I have no idea when Madobe Claudia was introduced, though.)

Microsoft Taiwan was arguably more successful since they got our hopes up on an anime featuring Aizawa Inori, the Internet Explorer-tan.

In addition, there are a lot of collaborations that the Internet Explorer marketing team has gotten into, like Gargantia on Verdurous Planet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss