Apps missing from WP7

heyitwrx

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all your responses so far!

I compiled the first list and sent it over on Friday, but don't worry I am already working on the next list as the thread had some new life breathed into it over the weekend and with getting mentioned on the blog!

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Missing Apps:
Citibank Banking

If these lists are being passed along to MS, why not also build a list of missing OS features? I'm new to WP7, but here's what I have noticed missing:

Built in DLNA (preferably WITH mkv support)
Multiple Google Calendar Support (I know this is at least partly Google's fault)
MMS Videos
Share Videos to Facebook (is this in Mango?)
Ability to View Facebook Likes Detail (who liked it?)
Built-in Turn by Turn NAV with Voice (is this in Mango?)

Also, one major bug: anamorphically encoded m4v videos seem to play stretched vertically... this is unforgivable.

On the whole, I have been absolutely overwhelmed by how impressive WP7 is... I really wish MS could get it "out there" for people to play with... it's just so slick and animated an fun. I really wish Verizon would stop shunning it... I only had one option, and that was the Trophy. Luckily it's pretty nice (besides odd port placement).

u_littleripper

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
What's missing?

Grindr! freiking heck haha ... try convincing a gay guy that has an iphone of android phone to come accross! ... The first question is 'does it have grindr?' bb ios and android has it ... lets get this app!

Oh also ANZ bank, the other big 4 aussie banks all have an app! Words with friends would also be nice

Last edited:

ike_mobile

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
missing apps

I would REALLY like to see an AUDIBLE audio book app (that reads .aa file formats)... Also, how about a mobile Quicken version, mobile Photoshop, Wells Fargo and Chase bank apps... and some sort of "reminder list" app that could display on either the black screen or at least on the lock screen background... Well, you asked. ;) lol

mr2gud2u

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm loving mango. It really is a beautiful thing, but where is audible app and pandora. I don't understand why we don't have these apps yet. Is there some beef that audible and pandora has with ms I don't know about. Anyone know?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm loving mango. It really is a beautiful thing, but where is audible app and pandora. I don't understand why we don't have these apps yet. Is there some beef that audible and pandora has with ms I don't know about. Anyone know?

I haven't heard anything. Have you requested these apps for WP from the developers?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
When showing off the lovely Mango-ness of my WP to my girlfriend, she said "until more apps come across, I'm still going to wait"... so we went through her list of favourite apps, and the only one we got stuck on (which is really cool) is Vouchcloud. I've just posted on their FB asking if they have plans to developed for the WP...

AdamJP

Jun 28, 2011
www.adam-parton.com
I'd personally like to see the following hitting WP7 soon..

- Squarespace [Mainly because I use their system to run my website]
- Dropbox [Ok there are good 3rd party apps, but can't match official]
- Vouchercloud [UK voucher/coupon/discount service, would be nice for a WP7 app]
- Google+ [Surely this has to happen soon? Can't be sticking with the mobile website]

I must admit I was surprised when I updated to Mango to find the likes of WhatsApp, Pulse & HTC Locations in the Marketplace.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Vouchercloud got back to me stating that once the BB version is complete, they're starting the build for WP. Yayness! :)

I could REALLY do with a font recognition app for work...

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I would like an official TiVo app, I just tweeted @TiVo and @Tivodesign to make one... i'll post back if I get any response....

Pandora would be cool, but now that I have Zune Pass I may not need Pandora or Slacker...

Still new to apps, so I'll have to poke around and see what I can find and what I might need still

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Since my first posting was deleted (don't blame the OP at all; I would have deleted it also) I would like to state what's important to me.

I have been and will continue to be a MS ****** when it comes to program useage and integration. My primary use of any smartphone is to keep my contacts,calendar and tasks up to date with my Outlook DB. After that, anything would be nice but I would suggest these areas to look at:

Seamless integration with Outlook; using the cloud or a well defined set of instructions on how to best do this task. I have tried all the third party entries and nothing beats plain and simple Activesync we used for years. I know it's not a major need to the gamers or the social network people but it's important to any business user.

Wells Fargo app
USB direct connect

Thanks for not deleting this post. I hope I made my point about many of us not being gamers and social networkers. I too, use these capabilities but need the basics first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise