Apps not working? Reset them :-)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Today one of the apps my brother uses for art stopped working. It would crash upon attempting to open at least 90% of the time. When it would finally open, it was unusable as nothing could be selected.

So the options we had were to reinstall it which would have consumed a lot of data or reset it which took a few seconds. After the reset, what do you know, the app opened perfectly and it's useable. The only downside is that his paintings were lost (probably I'm getting a bashing over this)

So if any of your apps stop working and you don't feel like going through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling, try the reset

Go to settings > system > apps > select the app > advanced options > reset

Try it out for a quicker way of getting apps working

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I took a look - I only have the option of move and uninstall. No "advanced" button. Am I missing it? I'm on a PC right now.

Or perhaps, it's because I'm on production?

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I took a look - I only have the option of move and uninstall. No "advanced" button. Am I missing it? I'm on a PC right now.

Or perhaps, it's because I'm on production?

it's because you're on production build. This is on anniversary update (OS 14393.5 or higher)

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Ah, mine says 14393.10, so it should be the anniversary build, albeit the production build.

Edit: Sheesh, this update causes me all sorts of confusion.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ah, mine says 14393.10, so it should be the anniversary build, albeit the production build.

Edit: Sheesh, this update causes me all sorts of confusion.

that's weird that you don't have the advanced options. Can you check a random selection of apps? to see if any has it?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm back. I found the "advanced options" on some of the apps. I am almost sure I am the ***** who missed it before. I somehow thought it was a box like the "move" and "uninstall" boxes. Not all have the "advanced options", but now that I know where to look, most do. Sorry about that. It was likely me who was blind enough to miss it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm back. I found the "advanced options" on some of the apps. I am almost sure I am the ***** who missed it before. I somehow thought it was a box like the "move" and "uninstall" boxes. Not all have the "advanced options", but now that I know where to look, most do. Sorry about that. It was likely me who was blind enough to miss it.

it's okay, nothing to beat yourself over. The apps that don't have reset - maybe the developer has to include it or something?

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Only store apps have the 'Advanced' options.. I don't think developer has to include anything to enable it, because I did nothing like that yet I have the advanced options for my apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077