are you disappointed that BBM isn't on wp ? you are not alone.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
As one person commented recently...bbm is for slags, lol! All the people I have ever known who once used blackberries seemed to use it to hook up with the opposite sex as it's main use.

Of course that's just a narrow view from experience of where I'm from (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK).

But considering all the other available options, I'm not really that bothered. I have what's app and viber. Don't use them frequently but enough to justify their installations.

I am surprised how fast the bbm is gaining traction though...it's past reputation for being reliable is certainly still in good steed.

Shame about their phones though, lol! +1020

Last edited:

Elite1

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I don't typically post on WPC, but I'm a Moderator on CrackBerry and we're all in the same Mobile Nations family.
Thought I would correct some misinformation given. Not dressing anything up, just facts. (Maybe an opinion or two, fine!)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think what makes BBM so "amazing" to BBM users is the fact that you have a BBM pin (you can add any international contacts without having to look up dialing codes which are so hard to get correct)
Sort of correct.

For non-BB devices, there's a one-time setup of a BBID and then you receive a PIN, which is like your 8-character membership number. If you had a BB before, you can use your old BBID.

The advantage of PIN's is that you don't have to give your permanent personal info like phone number or email to someone to connect on BBM. Also, unlike WhatsApp, you connect with exactly who you wish, whereas anybody with your phone number can see your WhatsApp status or message you.
The disadvantage is it's an extra step to setup a new contact compared to WhatsApp. But it's a one-time step for each contact.

And yes, it doesn't matter where your BBM contacts are located. You just need their PIN and vice versa.

Secondly BBM allows much bigger groups than what's app, BBM allows either 50 or unlimited number of people per group, what's app I think has a limit of 10 if I'm not mistaken.
This is incorrect.

As of an update earlier this year, I believe WhatsApp groups can have 50 members.
BBM Groups have a limit of 30 each, for now anyway.

It also has video calling and is free, what's app is about a dollar a year.
WhatsApp has changed a few times. I think it's still free for first year, then $1/year afterwards.

BBM is free.
The initial cross-platform BBM release doesn't yet include BBM Video & BBM Voice, nor the new BBM Channels (still in beta). BBRY has said these features are coming in near future. Hopefully that's a real "near future"... Anyway, they've said these will also be free. Maybe they'll release them coinciding with launch of WP version!

Though I will admit that what's app can do with many more features such as VoIP on video phone calls but I just use it to talk to my family...I dont need anything fancy.
I don't believe WhatsApp does anything with video calls, nor with voip. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Elite1

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
If you want bbm. Buy a bb ��
2 years ago I would have been delighted, but now it's just too late and nobody I know has a blackberry phone.

It's a cross-platform IM app. You can talk to anybody using BBM on any supported platform.

It's just like how I could use Google Talk, even if the other person and I both don't have Android phones.
Do you know anybody with a WhatsApp phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)