Are you fully adjusted to the size of the 1520?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Coming from someone who used to make fun of people who used to use the original Samsung Note for it's sheer size, I have to say that I can never go back to using a smaller screen phone. Have gotten completely adjusted to the size of the 1520 in just a couple of days.

Moral of the story: Never make fun of something without experiencing it yourself!

I was the same way. Even made fun of the word "phablet" and now I find myself using the term quite often.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
no problem with me size I had a Titan II, then a Galaxy note II, then lastly before this phone an LG Optimus G pro which were all big phones. So no time flat I was use to this phone after they took it out of the box.

JeffeMaximus

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely still not fully adjusted. I've been using the 920 for a full year prior to the 1520 and I got so used to doing everything one-handed that I'm still trying to do the same with the 1520. I love everything about the 1520 and the size is fantastic, but I just can not break the habit of thinking I can do everything like I did with the 920.

I'm sure I'll fully adjust, but it just might take a little longer than I expected. :smile:

Exact same for me. Used 920 with one hand the majority of the time. Find myself having to migrate my important tiles(email, phone, text, etc) that I hit more often to the bottom right of the screen so I don't have to move my hand as much. Moved my Weather, Calendar, other less hit tiles to the top of the screen. Changed my pass code to be numbers generally found on the right side of screen(1, 4 and 7 are out lol). Going better since. I am a week in and I am about 90% sure I will keep it. It's an awesome phone but it does take some getting used to.

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the same boat as you. From what I've heard, the 1520 should launch this month itself in India. Will have a look at a store and then decide. I'm hoping it's reasonably priced!

If you're going to hold on till March/April, you might as well see what phones Nokia/MS will launch with WP 8.1.

I did hold myself back, simply because my 820 is running perfectly fine and I don't have any issue apart from the tiny 4.3" screen size. I am happy that I waited and would now get the 930 in June/July. I do hope that there is some exchange scheme available for my 820. If not, I will rather hold onto this phone as it is simply great. I simply can not go to any other phone manufacturer having experienced so many Nokia phones first-hand. All of them have been fantastic in terms of price and the period of their respective launch.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought 1520 just because I need high end phone WITH SD card onboard! Now, when Nokia released 930, I know that I did right decision to buy 1520. But I can admit it is a little big :) Same form with same HW spec but in 5'' will be uber phone! I do not like design of 930, 1520 looks much better on my opinion.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm using note 2 right now and have a red 1520 on order.
I finally got to hold a 1520 at the att store and I love size. Not much bigger than my note 2.

Funny thing is, I owned the Note 2 at one time, and sold it because I thought it was too big. I don't have that feeling with the 1520.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Traded by Note 2 in 2 weeks ago..it's not that much bigger...but...a whole lot better..

The folks wanting one..but hesitant because of its size..I'll wager in a week..you won't be self conscious of it at all...but will not want to use a smaller screen size ever again..

This phone is awesome..plain and simple..no screen lag...no wake locks..battery life is great..Im glad I switched

Mac

Sent from my Nokia 1520