Ask Cortana "Where am I?"

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I see that a lot of people have been saying Cortana can't locate them.
Well I had this problem too until this morning.
After a day and a half Cortana finally recognized where I lived and asked if the address was my home.
I clicked yes of course since I was home.
NOW when I ask her where I am she correctly pulls up my home address.
I haven't tried this for other locations, but I thought I should share the good news :grin:

Give her some time; she needs to learn

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Remember guys, this is after she already recognizes where you live or work.. She'll do that on her own :) Maybe we can give her hints though by asking her to add a reminder for things to do at home or texting someone that you're leaving home now.. etc

BioticCharger

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Remember guys, this is after she already recognizes where you live or work.. She'll do that on her own :) Maybe we can give her hints though by asking her to add a reminder for things to do at home or texting someone that you're leaving home now.. etc

So did she just pop up and ask you where you live?! Does that mean I have to keep Location ON always?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So did she just pop up and ask you where you live?! Does that mean I have to keep Location ON always?

Yupp i was watching a movie and heard her beep once.. So I checked and voila.. Ehm yea I would think so; I keep mine on just in case I need to use the "Find my phone" option

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Sweet. I didn't know she figured out where I lived and worked. (I added those myself on Day One anyway.) It's a neat little feature.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Sweet. I didn't know she figured out where I lived and worked. (I added those myself on Day One anyway.) It's a neat little feature.

Yea I did too, but removed them since she could't pinpoint my exact location.. It wasn't a deal breaker for me :D

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I manually added my Home and Work on the first day, but I can ask Cortana "Where am I?" anywhere and if it isn't one of my favorite places, she says, "I can't be sure, but it seems like you are near [Address]."

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I manually added my Home and Work on the first day, but I can ask Cortana "Where am I?" anywhere and if it isn't one of my favorite places, she says, "I can't be sure, but it seems like you are near [Address]."

Yupp I have that too, but some were saying that Cortana only pulled up a Bing search when asking her the question (Which also happened to me lol)

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
When I ask her she says "I can't say for sure, but you are likely at (my exact address) in Philadelphia", which is correct. But seems to me she should say "you are home".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb