AT&T Lumia 640... pleasantly surprised to see that it's matte instead of glossy!

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Seems AT&T US was dead last in the entire world to get this, but now that it's here I can't say I'm disappointed. Impulse bought it because I just needed the retail therapy.

I'd really like to see the camera launch button make a return to Windows Phone because it seems ALL the new ones omit it, but that's really my only complaint. It's responsive, performs adequately on those 1GB required games, it's nice to be one of like 5 Lumias that have 8.1 Update 2, native immersive mode is so much more awesome than having to trick the phone into doing it (something me and my Nexus 5 battle with often), it's hardware design makes it look very similar to my Surface, and the battery life... oh lord... the battery life is freaking amazing!

Hell of a grab for $80. Now I'll be patiently awaiting W10m so I can get HCE and go back to them glory days of back when we could make NFC payments.

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems AT&T US was dead last in the entire world to get this, but now that it's here I can't say I'm disappointed. Impulse bought it because I just needed the retail therapy.

I'd really like to see the camera launch button make a return to Windows Phone because it seems ALL the new ones omit it, but that's really my only complaint. It's responsive, performs adequately on those 1GB required games, it's nice to be one of like 5 Lumias that have 8.1 Update 2, native immersive mode is so much more awesome than having to trick the phone into doing it (something me and my Nexus 5 battle with often), it's hardware design makes it look very similar to my Surface, and the battery life... oh lord... the battery life is freaking amazing!

Hell of a grab for $80. Now I'll be patiently awaiting W10m so I can get HCE and go back to them glory days of back when we could make NFC payments.

What color is your matte phone?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine is T-Mobile, so it was $100, but yeah, it's a great buy. I love my 635, but I have really missed a flashlight/flash, and surprisingly I'm using the front camera quite a bit. My battery life is much better and it runs so nicely. A couple days after I bought it I started questioning if I really needed it, which I do after all large purchases since I'm on a tight budget (but I really WANTED it), but even so, when I include the fact that I want to continue my Office subscription (sure is helpful for home and for job hunting), and I need a Skype number and O365 gets me a discount (I know Google numbers are free, but no thank you), then with all the money I save, it was a $6 phone. If I'd been on ATT then it would've been like they paid me to take it. :)

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd really like to see the camera launch button make a return to Windows Phone because it seems ALL the new ones omit it, but that's really my only complaint.

I agree. The physical camera button was one of the features that set WP apart from the other os'. I hate seeing MS giving up on the unique features the phones were designed on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12