AT&T Titan II Anyone ?

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I really want one of these, but I am scared of the quality. It seems there was a ton of issues with the original and I'd hate to have similar trouble with this one. I have an HD7s now with terrible call quality that has never been resolved so I'm a little gun shy of this phone. But I LOVE the 4.7" screen, I have 4.3" now and the 4.7" is so much better for me.

Anyone know how much thicker the II is than the original? I know it's been said tob e thicker, but how much?

I can also get the 900, but I really wanted the bigger screen. I have more faith in overall quality with the 900 though. Everything else is a non issue really around speed and cameras and such. Screen and battery life and then general quality of calls, sounds, that type of stuff matter to me and maybe the 900 is better there?

I get whatever for free so cost is not a problem - I just have to decide.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I love Titan, but to be honest, I'm really disappointed with Titan. I want more.
As a flagship product, HTC needs to up their game.
As good as TITAN is, I kind a feel it is outdated, looks kind a boring.
I want a more beautiful design, full metal, fresh new design.
I want 32 and 64 GB version
I want better batteries

But I still love it...

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
for ppl (including me) deciding between this and the lumia 900, the itchiness will only increase as the release dates come closer. I think titan2 will release earlier than 900. I think so because Ralph de la Vega announced Titan2 as the FIRST LTE WP7 device.

Now, I'm not sure if this was called first because it was announced first, or its going to be released first. Again.. speculation..speculation.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly why the 2 year contracts should be done away with and 1 year contracts should then have the 2 years price.

Carriers lose more money that way which is why they went away from them. I do wish they would bring 1 yr contracts back since they got rid of everything else at least give us those.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I would love to see Titan owners get a little credit to get a Titan 2. As Rocket-girl said, least they can do for all their owners of the warm-up model.

Next, if you are not in a huge, major market, you will most likely not be on AT&Ts list for LTE in the next 12 months. So, why worry? If you have the Titan 1, you are not out much. Your camera is among the best out there already, and megapixel count means very little. If you haven't jumped on the Titan 1 (or Focus S) and you are in the existing LTE markets or you are in a major market, you have a LTE offering from both Samsung and Nokia coming. I would consider waiting. It may be worthwile to see the LTE offerings.

flash_focus

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Carriers lose more money that way which is why they went away from them. I do wish they would bring 1 yr contracts back since they got rid of everything else at least give us those.
I know that AT&T still does, the catch is they don't advertise it and it is only at corporate stores too. You do make a good point though.

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I know that AT&T still does, the catch is they don't advertise it and it is only at corporate stores too. You do make a good point though.

You can do it online if your registered email is part of a corporation that has a deal with AT&T. But that email may be different from other emails you use for AT%T's communication with you - ex: biilling statement etc. This linkage is just one time. And it runs forever.
I know that because long time ago i was part of an organization that had a corporate deal with AT&T. Even now when i login to my AT&T account it says "XYZ Corp". And I can see a dropdown to select either 1 year contract deal or 2 year during upgrade.
And last time I checked, THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE between the device prices for 1 year or 2 year contract renewal. Guess what? i will sign a 1 year upgrade and buy a 900 or Titan 2 for the same price.

Good luck to those of you who want to see if they are eligible.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I would love to see Titan owners get a little credit to get a Titan 2. As Rocket-girl said, least they can do for all their owners of the warm-up model.

Next, if you are not in a huge, major market, you will most likely not be on AT&Ts list for LTE in the next 12 months. So, why worry? If you have the Titan 1, you are not out much. Your camera is among the best out there already, and megapixel count means very little. If you haven't jumped on the Titan 1 (or Focus S) and you are in the existing LTE markets or you are in a major market, you have a LTE offering from both Samsung and Nokia coming. I would consider waiting. It may be worthwile to see the LTE offerings.

And lets not forget, Titan 1 owners get that nice aluminum body while the Titan II has a plastic back. :)

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the boat that thinks the Titan is just too big. For me at least, everything takes two hands and it seemed uncomfortable because the phone was so thin as well. I wonder if the extra thickness would make it more comfortable. I'm sure I'll check it out but my money's probably going to Nokia. I'm excited to see new phones coming out now as many people were worried the second gen Windows Phones were lackluster. 2012 just may be the year of WP!

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
my tian really felt like a plastic back to me. (US version)

It wasn't until I did a short tempurature test that I concluded the top 3/4 were metal, the bottom part with the WP7 logo was plastic. But seriously, it's why I'm doubting the claims of plastic, unless if it was written out somewhere in a spec sheet or a rep said it, since at first try, the Titan DOES feel like it's plastic (unless if you live in a cold area).

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
My I.T. guy poked his head in my office this morning with a smirk on his face. He said he pre-ordered the Titan II! Not sure if he was able too since its not available (is it). I let him tinker with my Titan before the Holidays, I think I helped convert him to WP7 from the IP4.

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The funny thing is that, what I like the most about the HTC Titan "bresson" II is the curve at the lower half. The Titan has this weird thing in which the glass is a little big raise above the phone and that stuff terrifies me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)