Back from the dark side. Dropping Nexus 6P going back to my 1520

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
So... I got a Nexus 6P a couple months ago and listed my 1520 on Craigslist... but it didn't sell fast so I held on to it... After 3-4 months of using the Nexus 6P I decided to try my trusty 1520 for a day or so just for fun. MAN... The 1520 is simply miles ahead of the Nexus... it's faster (running latest windows 10) and it actually does MORE than the Android and i was running the latest version of N on my 6P. I made a video showing how much better the 1520 was at speech to text and driving using Cortana to read and reply to text messages. Seriously... Windows beats the snot out of Android when it comes to speech to text... It's just better on Windows. Check out my video:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Funny you post this now. I have the Nexus 6. 2.5 years old but a nice enough phone. Last week, I saw a MINT Red 1520 on Swappa. Chewed all my nails off as I pondered what to do. "Be damned" I said; pulled the trigger and bought it. It came yesterday and I immediately loaded the latest Preview WP 10 update. Boy does it look good (RED) and is in pristine condition.

My Nexus 6 runs on Verizon. I'm thinking about activating the 1520 on Cricket. In the meantime, the 1520 is my daily runner. I use it for everything but calls and texts.

My Nexus is black with a black case. The 1520 is red so changing phones would be immediately obvious to the boss. OK, get off my back We all know who is boss in the family. So, I ordered a black case and once it's here, 1520, here I come.

You now have control of this posting. Have a nice day.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
LOL.. I hear ya... I liked the 6P... It's a really nice phone. But there is always something I wish it did better... Like the video.. it's shaky with no stabilization. Yeah, it had more apps... but I don't use snapchat so big deal... Facebook has a "Live" button on Android, but the FB app on WP is actually smoother and faster. I just listed the Nexus on craigslist... I won't miss it.
=)

Dpac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just tried the Nexus 6P as well for about a week and it's a great phone. Took it back and am now using my 1520 again.
I also tried a Note 4 last month & took that back as well. Both phones are great devices but the killer on both for me
was signal strength.

I'm on AT&T and do a lot of product searches on Ebay & Amazon at different stores almost everyday. With my 1520
I almost never have a problem. With both the Note 4 & 6P I had problems in a lot of stores getting a good data signal
and doing the same searches I could do fast & easy on my 1520. It was strange, the Note 4 & 6P would both show bars
but struggle.

Outside in open areas, all phones were around the same.

Dennis

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have an issue with signal strength... I was a long time Android user and before switching to the 1520 I had a Note2 for two years... I made another video explaining my issues selling the 6P and other reasons for switching back to Windows Phone.

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I went from the 1520 to the Nexus 6P. I love the 1520. It's a great phone. The camera is phenomenal. It's pretty fast. I really liked windows 10. The app gap just couldn't be overcome for me. It was too bad because Nokia make a really great phone.Honestly I'd have hung in there even with the app gap if I could have better google integration. I'm hoping that they make some Android phones in the future that have the Nokia magic sauce that these Lumias have. Having said that the 6P is a very good phone and there are many things about android that are way ahead of windows. I'm pretty happy with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs