Back on windows 10 mobile from android

Peter Burns

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
My first windows phone was a lumia 1520 and being so old it started to get real laggy and once my mobile banking stopped working in the browser I sold it. I ended up getting a keyone which was a piece of crap and android felt like a glorified windows 95 not to mention google is just one big advertising company. Anyways found a deal on a alcatel idol s4 and it runs great with the updated specs compared to my 1520 all the apps run lighting fast and whatever update microsoft did to edge i am able to use the browser for mobile banking again.

I dont see any reason not to continue using these phones until the updates stop, the O/S is still very likeable and i much prefer it to anything else. Especially if you get a newer high end device it runs great.

It also never ceases to amaze me how many people see the homescreen and want to see it right away "wow, what phone is that?" etc

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes the Alcatel Idol 4s is a great phone (T-Mobile version) here. Everything except the cameras and no facial recognition login/DTTW is as good or better than my 950XL. Also runs much cooler In continueum mode.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ya most who never knew of Windows Phones see the home Screen of one running Windows 10 mobile and are usually intrigued.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
My first windows phone was a lumia 1520 and being so old it started to get real laggy and once my mobile banking stopped working in the browser I sold it. I ended up getting a keyone which was a piece of crap and android felt like a glorified windows 95 not to mention google is just one big advertising company. Anyways found a deal on a alcatel idol s4 and it runs great with the updated specs compared to my 1520 all the apps run lighting fast and whatever update microsoft did to edge i am able to use the browser for mobile banking again.

I dont see any reason not to continue using these phones until the updates stop, the O/S is still very likeable and i much prefer it to anything else. Especially if you get a newer high end device it runs great.

It also never ceases to amaze me how many people see the homescreen and want to see it right away "wow, what phone is that?" etc

Does your Cortana work?
Help--> https://forums.windowscentral.com/alcatel-idol-4s/482862-alcatel-idol-4s-cortana-settings-no-go.html#post3769182

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I went from Windows Phones (920, Icon and 1520) to Android. Android blows. I agree with the Windows 95 comparison. It seems that primitive.

I then moved on to Apple. I could never move back to WP now. iPhones and iPads work fine. At least for me. If you like Android, fine. Use it.

But, for me, there is no going back to Windows phones. It’s dead, Jim. If a WP “does everything I need to do”, then clearly you aren’t doing very much.

Last edited:

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I went from Windows Phones (920, Icon and 1520) to Android. Android blows. I agree with the Windows 95 comparison. It seems that primitive.

I then moved on to Apple. I could never move back to WP now. iPhones and iPads work fine. At least for me. If you like Android, fine. Use it.

But, for me, there is no going back to Windows phones. It’s dead, Jim. If a WP “does everything I need to do”, then clearly you aren’t doing very much.

I have never been a fan of apple marketing strategies and consumer manipulation. It has always rubbed me the wrong way. It's true that they have become more subtle in the way they go about it, but they are still doing it. I would like to see a better windows phone, I honestly am not a fan of having a nerfed device when the level of technology that is available to manufacturers should have given us a fully functional x86 capable device by now. But thus far, WP imo is the lesser of all the bad junk being pushed on consumers. I am just going to use WP for as long as they work, if someone releases a fully functional device before my windows phones die, then I will buy in, but if not I am done wasting money and time hoping for someone to actually hear our requests for a useful device. Apple in my opinion burned bridges with me YEARS ago, companies like that never change, they just get more sneaky. I foresee the likelihood of a dumb phone in my future and a tablet for everything else.

Peter Burns

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
My next phone will be apple until this phone no longer functions. Just exactly what am i missing app wise on other platforms? im not a teenage girl who needs snap chat and so on. Google is a NWO company I would compare google to genisys on terminator genisys (watch the scene when they talk about it being linked to everything in everyones life). Recently some chick posted having her phone near her while her man was throwing it to her and she yelled some comments about him going inside, the next day she was getting ads for birth control and other related stuff. Again big spy nwo company.

Last edited:

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I LOVE WINDOWS PHONES!!!! I had several WP's including 928,2-929's 2- 950xl,s and an Idol 4s. I left my 950xl in June because I needed the Liftmaster app. I hate android, but I won't go for an Ifriut. I went for a motog6, kissed and made up with Verizon, lol & put as much windows love on it as I can. now I'm thinking of getting mint sim again and a throw down number to enjoy the last days of my WP's, while keeping the g6 on as well. Just for fun. Because I can. Cheers!

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Because MS did an absolutely garbage junk crap job on marketing.

Sadly, you will be back on Android when WP dies.

I always find statements like this hilarious. On CrackBerry, people make the same comments about BBOS and BB10 OS as excuses why the OS failed. People are familiar with smartphone OS from the 2000s but preferred Android/IOS hardware for the app ecosystem. Microsoft and BlackBerry just didn’t provide what consumers wanted at that point. Both OS and their OEMs focused on business users and didn’t look at the consumer markets as serious or aggressively as their Android/IOS counterparts.

Marketing itself wasn’t the problem. The lack of products and ecosystem that consumers wanted available to market is and was always the problem.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I always find statements like this hilarious. On CrackBerry, people make the same comments about BBOS and BB10 OS as excuses why the OS failed. People are familiar with smartphone OS from the 2000s but preferred Android/IOS hardware for the app ecosystem. Microsoft and BlackBerry just didn’t provide what consumers wanted at that point. Both OS and their OEMs focused on business users and didn’t look at the consumer markets as serious or aggressively as their Android/IOS counterparts.

Marketing itself wasn’t the problem. The lack of products and ecosystem that consumers wanted available to market is and was always the problem.

I remember people said the same thing about the surface line when it first came out, but MSFT put their heart and soul into backing the Surface line and didn't give up on it or abandon it... now look how its doing really well, same with the xbox line as well (I see advertising all over the place)... had MSFT given the same attention to their WM line and with great marketing and didn't keep changing windows versions with no backward compatibility... then WM10 would be a formidable power house today... they weren't "all in" mentality and anyone/everyone could notice that... if they did what Samsung did with all the carriers and made the same deals as Samsung did with their ADdroid phones then today there would be Windows phones in all the carriers stores... no marketing meant MOST people never knew their was a Windows phone on the market... thats what made WM phones fail... and possibly other stupid mistakes I'm missing. btw you can't keep comparing BB demise to WM phones demise... BB has always from the beginning favored the business market as that's always been their bread and butter with superior security features and OS.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I remember people said the same thing about the surface line when it first came out, but MSFT put their heart and soul into backing the Surface line and didn't give up on it or abandon it... now look how its doing really well, same with the xbox line as well (I see advertising all over the place)... had MSFT given the same attention to their WM line and with great marketing and didn't keep changing windows versions with no backward compatibility... then WM10 would be a formidable power house today... they weren't "all in" mentality and anyone/everyone could notice that... if they did what Samsung did with all the carriers and made the same deals as Samsung did with their ADdroid phones then today there would be Windows phones in all the carriers stores... no marketing meant MOST people never knew their was a Windows phone on the market... thats what made WM phones fail... and possibly other stupid mistakes I'm missing. btw you can't keep comparing BB demise to WM phones demise... BB has always from the beginning favored the business market as that's always been their bread and butter with superior security features and OS.

^ This ^
The truth is Microsoft went another direction with mobile entirely. Apps/Advertising, lack of development, etc etc the list goes on. So one can say basically any of the above depending on what fits them best about where Windows phones went.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
^ This ^
The truth is Microsoft went another direction with mobile entirely. Apps/Advertising, lack of development, etc etc the list goes on. So one can say basically any of the above depending on what fits them best about where Windows phones went.

Except that two OS appears to be norm whether mobile or not. Developers just don’t seem to be interested supporting three or more ecosystem. Chrome OS doesn’t seem to enjoy commercial success....like windows or macOS

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Except that two OS appears to be norm whether mobile or not. Developers just don’t seem to be interested supporting three or more ecosystem. Chrome OS doesn’t seem to enjoy commercial success....like windows or macOS
The key word you used here "seems"...

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Just exactly what am i missing app wise on other platforms? im not a teenage girl who needs snap chat and so on.

Well obviously you are not well versed in what apps on other platforms have to offer otherwise you'd know full well they aren't just for the younger generation nor related to social aspects only.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
My next phone will be apple until this phone no longer functions. Just exactly what am i missing app wise on other platforms? im not a teenage girl who needs snap chat and so on. Google is a NWO company I would compare google to genisys on terminator genisys (watch the scene when they talk about it being linked to everything in everyones life). Recently some chick posted having her phone near her while her man was throwing it to her and she yelled some comments about him going inside, the next day she was getting ads for birth control and other related stuff. Again big spy nwo company.

I think it's great you are still using a Windows Phone. Sadly, I had to move to Android after MS decided to stop Microsoft Teams on their own hardware. These days, people just go with what the masses have and that is how things are dictated. If the masses reject you, like they did with Windows Phone, then you're finished.

There are many reasons why Windows Phone failed. Microsoft, developers, (lack of) marketing and so on. We've all been over this tons of times. I'm not a fan of Google or Apple, but, I chose the lesser of two evils (in my opinion) and also because Android phones are cheap. I no longer pay for flagship phones, like I used to when I was on Windows Phone.

If your Windows Phone is still meeting your needs, that's great. Sometimes it's good to be different, instead of being the same as everyone else.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo