Background updating your Apps & Games

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Anyone noticed Windows Phone updates apps and games you have installed in the background when there is a net connection, my question is not that you may or may not be aware of this; my question is does this happen automatically and if not how can you call it up to resume finishing doing the updates of the apps and games you have installed if there was a unfinished list that remains unfinished when your phone has a net connection ?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If an update for an app hasn't finished downloading, it will stay in pending mode and will continue automatically as soon as your device has a proper connection again. Just like normal downloads, pending or not, you should be able to see them by pulling up the bottom bar in the store app and tapping on Downloads.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone noticed Windows Phone updates apps and games you have installed in the background when there is a net connection, my question is not that you may or may not be aware of this; my question is does this happen automatically and if not how can you call it up to resume finishing doing the updates of the apps and games you have installed if there was a unfinished list that remains unfinished when your phone has a net connection ?

Haven't quite understood your question, but the only place you will find stuff like this is in the "downloads" and "settings" pages of the app store, both available in the app bar.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Go to STORE > push the three dot ... On the bottom > tap settings > there you can enable/disable auto update and enable/disable if the update only can be done over WiFi.
Bye the way if the update is > 100 mb WiFi is needed because WP doesn't allow this "big" updates over cellular data.

And if you want to see the status of downloading or history.
Go to STORE > ... > downloads

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb