Backing up full res photos

bobbob1016

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I got a 1020 to replace a 920 I have as a backup phone for a trip I'm taking in a few weeks. I wanted something unlocked with a good camera, and the lowlight on this amazes me, even without a flash. My issue is I want to be able to upload the photos, then delete them from my 1020 automatically if possible.

I was thinking BTSync could do that, but it seems the "Camera Backup" is read only to my computer so I can't do:

1020 -> WiFi -> BTSync -> PC back home -> PC back home moves pictures to another folder that then deletes them from my 1020 while they're still on my PC.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Basically, I want them uploaded from my phone in full res to my PC remotely over WiFi, then deleted from my phone, preferably automatically without bringing a computer. I'd be ok with them going to a cloud, but I've heard OneDrive doesn't get the full res, and DropBox seems more costly (and I'd like to know if anyone knows if it gets full res photos before I start messing with it).

Is this a pipedream or is it possible? I buy and bring a Kangaroo PC if I have to, as that should be able to pull the photos in from my phone, delete them when done, then sync them to my PC at home, but that's an extra $130 I'd prefer not to spend if I don't have to.

tldr, got a 1020 to travel with, I want it to be able to upload it's full res photos, then remove them from the phone automatically afterwards to free up space/keep a secure copy just in case something happens to the phone. Is this possible?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Maybe older info for WP8 not 8.1. Does it free up space on my phone once it's on one drive though?

from what I understand, after the backup is done, you can manually delete the photos on the local storage. I suggest you try a test shot and then upload and delete and see what happens

bobbob1016

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
from what I understand, after the backup is done, you can manually delete the photos on the local storage. I suggest you try a test shot and then upload and delete and see what happens

I'm not planning on backing up that way though. I wanted something like btsync to get the files home, then remove them from the local. I realize it may not be workable though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss