[Band] USB Device Not Recognized

michalmiksatko

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I always had this problem after a while of using the band. Problem is that charging / communication port oxides and than makes a poor contact. You can try to wipe it with a dry cloth. Q-tip, or pencil eraser. One of the methods should work at least according to Microsoft.. After a while even any of those methods did not work for me so what I tried was I put a piece of electrical tape on connector and rubbed on . Left it on for few hours and it worked like a charm after I removed it .
I went through 3 replacements of my band for all kind of reasons and my last one start getting blister like corrosion on charging port . MS offered me a refund this time. I just cannot keep replacing the device even if I love it so much . It is just not reliable in a long run.

michalmiksatko

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I had this with my last band so when it broke they sent me a new one and guess what......yep it wont connect, it charges and syncs to my phone but the pc sync will just not work.
so im guessing its a driver issue can anyone identifi what dll sync installs so i can delete them and try again ??
cheers

You need Microsoft band sync app

michalmiksatko

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
and how would i know it didnt connect if i didnt already have this app telling me it wont sync ???

Try it with different computer. All you need is the desktop connecting app. That is all I ever needed to install on Win7, Win 8.1 and Win 10.
If are you still having problems contact Microsoft customer support.

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've had this exact issue with two bands on computers running 7,8,8.1,and 10. On all get an error message about USB device not recognized. FWIW, my wife's Band 2 connects perfectly overtime. Pretty obvious it's a driver issue that MSFT has no intent to fix. (This goes back for over a year.)

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
yep did that as well & like i said ive been sent a replacment band a and cable so its a windows 10 driver issue not band cable one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria