Bank of America actively blocking WP from mobile website?

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
re:

From what others have said, even the desktop site is not functional on IE for phone. Besides, saying you can do everything buy mobile check deposit seems a little like saying "Hey! I can do everything on ESPN's mobile site...except see scores." It's kind of an essential function for that business.

Incorrect. Desktop version works fine on my Lumia 1520. And I would consider being able to view balances and make transfers to be a more essential function to that business considering we live in an age where checks are on their way out.

aseferian

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Correct, except mobile check deposit was far and away the most useful function of the mobile app. It was so cool not to have to schlep to the bank because you had a check to deposit.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
re:

Is BoA obligated to provide you with an app? Actually, they have 2 apps available. It's you who is choosing to not be able to use one of them.

really? "it's YOU"
YOU???

there WAS an App from them few days ago, and THEY decided to remove it. so you say the customer has to switch to other platform only becuase they decided to stop offering the App and automatically that makes a person "you are the one not choosing"?? haha please.... that way of thinking....

It seems you really live on a cloud if you think that's true... and I feel sorry for you, really sorry for you.

Also Banks are the worst criminals ever, all they do, it's not like "oh this App costs too much to do... I will stop it" probably their newspaper ad or their tv ad, or even their YouTube ad, costs more than developing an App. also these apps are free, so they are technically losing money anyway, only because you have an iPhone or Android Phone, it doesn't mean people will use it. and it doesn't mean everyone who has an Android will have an account on BoA. the apps are free, so what "they stop it if it won't pay" garbage are you saying? that's just an excuse, to excuse stupid companies for not releasing apps or stop supporting apps.

but hey, I am glad every developer on Windows Phone is rich, richer than corrupt banks and that's why they bring their apps though on WP! ^_________^

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
re:

Yes, BoA actively and intentionally screwed over there WP customers. That is absurd for any bank to do. Customers wants convenience. Why take away any convenience from any customer? I don't get it.

I suppose you could just link your bank account with PayPal and use PP.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I tried the Full Website (go to the mobile site, go to the bottom of the page, select "Full Site"), this worked fine, I was able to log in, transfer funds, see balances, etc, everything that you can do from your desktop.

There was a l lot of "pinch and zoom" but, it did work. Not a fix but, for sure a work-a-around for now.

This still blows, F U Bank Of America for screwing your customers like this.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The workaround is ok but why shouldn't the mobile version work? I tried to log in just now and it doesn't let me press "Continue" after typing my username.

Tweeted bofa Help about it and they said to call Technical Support.

daThomas

Feb 4, 2004
AskTheCouch.com
Yup!

Was pissed about the mobile app being pulled but was willing to be patient assuming they would release an app for win 10 since it would run across all devices. So I see the mobile app is officially completely pulled and with a big heavy sigh I pin the mobile login page to my start and proceed to login and as others here have experienced, it doesn't work.

That's it!! I just opened my Ally account. Easy peasy online in minutes. Suggest you do the same.

Bank of America, you may suk it.

#bankofamerica #bofasuks

Last edited:

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be working. I can login to the mobile version today

Edit: Not working again...!

Last edited:

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not informed enough to know how to tell, but do these sites still "look" for IE and serve a different website? From what I've heard, IE could render the mobile page properly and that is why the "like Gecko" just string exists.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Don't have a mobile app to access my accounts. Never had the need. But I support any type of bad press and customer service complaints against any bank or business that leaves WP out in the cold.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't have a mobile app to access my accounts. Never had the need. But I support any type of bad press and customer service complaints against any bank or business that leaves WP out in the cold.
What makes WP any different from Firefox os and Blackberry who also have low market share?

robjared05

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I find the current situation to be unfair and deceptive. When I signed for my account I expected the same services as any other customer especially since I am paying the same price for those services. I believe this this represents a breach of contract and can be taken to court or to arbitration either of which would be costly for the bank to fight. Of course, there is no obligation for the bank to provide any app but the point here is that they do provide an app and it is limited to only a subset of customers paying the same amount. If they chose to decrease the monthly fee for those who don't have an app available that could be an equitable solution. In any case I'm definitely thinking of filing suit for breach of contract or initiate arbitration. BOA will have to respond to the complaint. Arbitration is even more fun because it will cost them a bundle through consumer arbitration.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
As an employee of a bank, banks are always looking at cutting costs and maximizing RoI for shareholders. Switch to full site view rather than mobile, and it should work.

It could be worse. They could leave the app up and have pissed off customers as it slowly stops working because of OS upgrades. Look how bad the reviews are for the BlackBerry 10 BoA app

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/55767888/?countrycode=US&lang=en

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
As an employee of a bank, banks are always looking at cutting costs and maximizing RoI for shareholders. Switch to full site view rather than mobile, and it should work.

It could be worse. They could leave the app up and have pissed off customers as it slowly stops working because of OS upgrades. Look how bad the reviews are for the BlackBerry 10 BoA app

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/55767888/?countrycode=US&lang=en

Wait... BlackBerry has an app?! This isn't about market share at all then now is it?

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Wait... BlackBerry has an app?! This isn't about market share at all then now is it?

When all the users complain it doesn't work properly and the last update was summer 2014, then effectively they don't have an app worth downloading.

If BoA was as smart as my employer, a CDN bank, they would build a universal HTML5 app.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Just wow. Check this out:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/mobile-banking-apps.go

Click on Windows. They don't even mention bank by phone or mobile web like the other options. Why wouldn't that work? Does everyone else really just want Windows itself to die?

Microsoft is the red-headed stepchild for some odd reason. Everyone says they want innovation but everywhere Microsoft turns they are shunned for doing things differently. Companies completely turn their backs in favor of non-standard compliant browsers and devices that continuously break due to updates or shoddy build quality (S5 charging port cover, S3/4/5 "slow charging" when using the stock charger, and Apple lightning port just ceasing to charge randomly...BTW these are software issues not hardware in referring to). Windows phone is incredibly stable but because of the new economy of apps it doesn't get a chance. This is sad.

I'm sticking with it but I can't believe that Bank of America won't even allow it to use the website or phone (supposedly).

I'm paying off my credit card and closing my savings ASAP. Writing them to let them know as well. I'll post here when it happens.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terrykmarti