Battery drain in continuum

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
My battery drains out very fast in continuum even if it is charging. I use the Minix usb c dock for continuum. I am not sure if the dock is not charging the phone properly. I also placed it on the wireless charging pad while using but that is also not able to keep up with the power continuum is consuming. Is everyone having this problem?

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I cannot change the cable was the cable is fixed in the dock. I did a test and found that the dock is not able to keep my phone charging while I am using continuum. So I switched to wireless screenbeam option and I am charging the phone with default charging cable. But I am curious to know if Microsoft display dock can keep the phone charging without draining the battery if I use continuum for the whole day? Can anyone confirm that ?

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes the MS dock always keep my 950 xl charged when using Continuum. You might push it harder then me though.

Sent from mTalk

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
My battery drains out very fast in continuum even if it is charging. I use the Minix usb c dock for continuum. I am not sure if the dock is not charging the phone properly. I also placed it on the wireless charging pad while using but that is also not able to keep up with the power continuum is consuming. Is everyone having this problem?

I'm getting the same thing. I opted to get the Minix usb C dock for the ethernet port, I could easily use it a few hours, my drain doesn't seem that fast. I'll be using it more so I will have to keep tabs on it.

Edit: I have found the decay rate is better if I turn off wifi and cell data......but to have a deficit while plugged in makes using continuum useless. If you use the phone to do some work with Word for instance, you then unplug the phone to go somewhere, you then have a phone with a dead battery..........I'm let down. I wish I wouldn't wasted the $ on the dock.

Last edited:

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
My previous post was using a 950 XL, I tried my 950 and the battery decay rate was much improved, although still there. I also had network loss using the XL with WiFi and cell data turned off, using the ethernet. I was streaming netflix and after 15-20 minutes it would drop off.

I used it for an hour and had Edge up and never lost ethernet on the 950. I want to try Netflix this afternoon to compare. I did a speed test this AM and had 121 +- mbs I am amazed. Still bummed about battery drain, I'll submit some feedback.

The 950XL is anniversary ed and the 950 is on slow ring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)