Battery Drain since Facebook updated

Ravi Ramgoolam

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Has anyone else noticed an increased battery drain since Facebook updated their app to version 5.2.1.0? I normally have great battery life with my phone lasting almost an entire day but now i only get 12-14hrs charge. My phone usage has not changed so something is definitely causing the battery to drain more. Any one else getting this same thing?

Regards

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the beta installed too? I had this problem with the last update; actually the battery drain was far worse than what you described. I'm also on GDR3 developer preview.
I uninstalled both Facebook and Facebook Beta, disabled all background tasks, re-enabled them and reinstalled just Facebook. I later installed the beta too but disabled notifications. Battery life is better now than before I noticed the problem.

Ravi Ramgoolam

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have since uninstalled the Facebook app and installed the Beta, my battery life has gone back to normal since. The notifications are not as prompt as on the Facebook app itself but I guess i can work with it maybe until the fix it.

Thank you for the suggestion Maaz!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923