Battery durability in 2017 with our Lumia 950XL

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am curious to see what is the latest information on our long-lasting "battery drain" with our 950XLs. I am aware that this drain is a Win10 Mobile OS issue and not necessarily due to a specific phone model.

I am currently running the OS Build: 15014.1000. I am still getting anywhere from a 5% drain per hour to a 10% drain per hour when I am just listening to music or checking email. More demanding stuff, such as watching a movie, will make that % drain creep up north of 15%. Now mind you, I do not have many, if any, background tasks. NFC is disabled. Screen brightness is not 100%.

What is your battery drain looking like after the various OS updates for Win10 Mobile on your Lumia 950XL? I am curious to see if my experience is in the norm or unusual.

Thanks,

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My lumia last me about a day and a ½ . I'm always carrying my 9000mah Microsoft battery pack with me just incase, it comes in handy and chargers phones so quickly.

RobotX

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
2 Things that help my battery a lot.
Removing Facebook apps and removing all 3rd party Battery apps (the one that tells you how much drain, etc)
I have NFC, Hey Cortana, Iris Hello, background task all running.
Unpluged from charger 8AM, at 8PM it still have 45-50% battery life.
Before it won't even make it to 6PM (5% then shutdown).

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
I can't remember the last time my battery drained inexplicably the way OP is experiencing. But a few months ago I had the battery itself replaced due to damage. Try this out; turn the phone off, and take the battery out. If it has a bulge, take it to your service center.

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a average life time of 15h, with normal use I would say. Messenger regularly, something like 1hour of game 2D game, 2-3h internet browsing).
L1520 was far better with same usage, but well, it was wp8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb