Battery Issue with Nokia Lumia 925 after updating to Lumia Black

truongan9

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 925 to Lumia Black last week and I 've been disappointed with the battery life. The previous version Amber was great which provided me one day and a half with various tasks like messaging, browsing a bit. I optimized the every setting advised for sake of battery life and was eager to see improvement in battery life brought about by Lumia Black. However, battery can slope down from 100% to 70% in stand by mode for 4 hours. I 've been suffering from this a week and 've not seen any improvement. I 'm now less frequently using my phone like before, but I can hardly reach 1 day of battery life. I 'm considering a hard reset. Can anyone give me an advice?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
what apps are running in background, and in background task ?
try closing the apps,also if you are using 4g/3g it will be common since the frequencies used by 4g are very high.
if you have enabled glance, at what mode is it set on peek/interval or always on ?
double tap to unlock is also another battery drainer.
try to do a soft reset, if that does not solve your problem you should consider doing a hard rest, but backup all your important data from your Lumia 925, it will erase all the data and factory reset it. Good luck.

andynew89

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hmm strange.... After I've updated to Lumia Black my battery life have massively improved but when I'm at work I have to turn off data because I work on warehouse and my signal keep changing from 4G to 3G, 3G to G etc. and that eats my battery like a mother*****r apart from that it's all good ;-)

truongan9

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Luckily, the issue was solved. As I often see Cool Tiles with blank background windows when I keep Back Button for a while although I don't turn it on. I tap on it but it see nothing. Then I uninstalled Cool Tile and .... problem is gone. The battery get back to work well again. Not as significant as advertised but It 's still great for me :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Luckily, the issue was solved. As I often see Cool Tiles with blank background windows when I keep Back Button for a while although I don't turn it on. I tap on it but it see nothing. Then I uninstalled Cool Tile and .... problem is gone. The battery get back to work well again. Not as significant as advertised but It 's still great for me :)

Where was it advertised? :s

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is almost double after black update. Wifi, 3G (not 4G), location, glance, double tap always on. At night I put it face down so glance doesn't show, but during day it's almost always showing.
On my wifes 720 the battery increased from 2 to 3 days as well.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If you turn off double tap to wake and glace screen - you will see significant improvement.

My take on it? Either or both of those are buggy.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The batt in my 925 is getting better by the day I think.

wp_ss_20140330_0001.png
wp_ss_20140330_0002.png
wp_ss_20140330_0003.png

This is what I'm getting per day with low use (texting and camera mostly.)
I have just about everything turned on.

If I play Machinarium, Asphalt or watch an HD vid then 100% drops to 60% real fast of course.​

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used my 925 on anything but Black since I only got it last month and updated it right out of the box. My battery life on it isn't as great as what I got out of my 920, but I can't complain. Last night, it was at 50% when I went to bed. Not bad at all. My 920 might have been 70% by that same amount of time.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20140331_0003.png

I have some major issues with batterie life to. I can barely get thrue half a day. I charge it before i go home from work !

all sync set to manuel, glance set to peek trying off now. Dobbelt tap off.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140331_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140331_0002.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 6

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, my battery seems to be draining more quickly since yesterday, but I was out much of the day and was heavily texting. I also had my 4G data turned on for some time. Played a few games, took a photo and so on. I went to bed at midnight and the battery was at 11%. It was 100% off the charger at 9am that morning. Today, I took it off the charger at 10am, texted a little and received two picture messages from my boyfriend. I sent one of them to my mom and then got a call from my boyfriend and played a couple of games. Then I texted with a couple of friends, and since 10am, my battery has gone down from 100% to now 77%. This is bothersome considering I went to bed on Saturday night with the battery at 50%. :straight:

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
So i did a hard reset this morning. And behold, 56% power = 22 hours left.... what on earth happen in that update?

So the big ? now. Do i update again to the black version or stay with the current? Could it just be something that didnt go as planed during the update or what?

The phone is brand new. Only week old. updated to black before it had any apps and accounts setup.

*****Update***** okay i just found out im still runing BLACK. But batt is MUCH better now.

Last edited:

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So i did a hard reset this morning. And behold, 56% power = 22 hours left.... what on earth happen in that update?

So the big ? now. Do i update again to the black version or stay with the current? Could it just be something that didnt go as planed during the update or what?

The phone is brand new. Only week old. updated to black before it had any apps and accounts setup.

*****Update***** okay i just found out im still runing BLACK. But batt is MUCH better now.

Hi. Please, after a couple of days, comeback to share how is your battery life doing. My battery life is getting worse. Today it lasted 4 hours only, the phone died after some light WhatsApp messaging and reading some news at WPC using the app (data on). I wouldn't like to do a hard reset, but I might... :(

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Please, after a couple of days, comeback to share how is your battery life doing. My battery life is getting worse. Today it lasted 4 hours only, the phone died after some light WhatsApp messaging and reading some news at WPC using the app (data on). I wouldn't like to do a hard reset, but I might... :(

It helped a LOT!!! Im still on the first real discharge from 100%. I think im a pretty heavy user on my phone. A lot of txt, facebook mail youtube ect. all mail accounts set to push, 4G and wifi on all. Glance set to peek.

Im very happy with the battery now.
925.jpg

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
i did a settings ---> about --> Reset Phone.

AND yes, this did improve my battery life/usage

So yesterday I did a hard reset to my Lumia 925 and the battery life is better :D , also the battery life meter now seems more accurate and shows over a day of battery life when fully charged. Before, the maximum time showed 15 hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)