Battery saver & background applications problems

FURNAL

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

I am new here, but I read the site/forum for some time.
I have a Lumia 640XL for more than 1 year and I have some problems with it. I updated to Windows 10 Mobile but after the last updates I have a problem with Battery Saver. If I activate Battery Saver I keep getting notifications from WhatsApp, FB Messenger, and other apps even though I should not. Also, if I set an application to "Never allowed in background" I keep getting nofitications from it (tested with Facebook and WhatsApp). Now I set my WhatsApp to "Never allowed in background" and I activated Battery Saver and I keep getting notifications when somebody sends me a message.

What could be the problem? I reset the phone to factory settings, but that didn't solve anything.

Can you please help me with that?

Phone details:
Model: Microsoft Lumia 640 XL
Software: Windows 10 Mobile
Version: 1607
OS build: 10.0.14393.693

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

I am new here, but I read the site/forum for some time.
I have a Lumia 640XL for more than 1 year and I have some problems with it. I updated to Windows 10 Mobile but after the last updates I have a problem with Battery Saver. If I activate Battery Saver I keep getting notifications from WhatsApp, FB Messenger, and other apps even though I should not. Also, if I set an application to "Never allowed in background" I keep getting nofitications from it (tested with Facebook and WhatsApp). Now I set my WhatsApp to "Never allowed in background" and I activated Battery Saver and I keep getting notifications when somebody sends me a message.

What could be the problem? I reset the phone to factory settings, but that didn't solve anything.

Can you please help me with that?

Phone details:
Model: Microsoft Lumia 640 XL
Software: Windows 10 Mobile
Version: 1607
OS build: 10.0.14393.693

Unfortunately, I think this is a bug right now, so you're not alone in experiencing it.

FURNAL

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately as far as I remember this problem is older for me. It has been like that even before the last update in January. I didn't think it is a problem for everybody because I didn't find anybody else to talk about this problem.

If it truly is a Windows bug, I just hope it will be fixed soon because I need Battery Saver sometimes.

Nana Obeng

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Im experiencing the same thing. I tut i messed things up in setting so i reset my phone, went to oneDrive and deleted all backups, but its there there. I still get notification when battery saver is turned on.

My question is does MS knows about this, cuz i've had it since last December

GonzaloxCOM

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I also have this problem on my Lumia 640, I have not found a solution after many resets and restarts.

My phone is in permanent roaming, I do not know if that is why it fails. Maybe everyone who has this problem has some common configuration that overrides the function.

FURNAL

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Phone updated to 14393.953 today. I was hoping maybe the problem is solved but unfortunately the problem is still there. Microsoft doesn't care about this? Really, I want my Battery Saver to work..

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb