Battlefield 4 - is it fixed yet?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you in many respects. However, even with a few bugs I enjoy battlefield. Had so many truly epic evenings in those games. I have held off for a while, as they have form for releasing things half finished. I also had some other commitments. When I played it a few weeks ago there were some bugs, but the ones I noticed appear to have been fixed. Regarding getting into games etc, none of my circle of friends had those issues, so I am hoping I won't either. COD, I just cannot entertain anymore, the run and gun nature of it no longer appeals. I will be on next week as I am assuming that the majority of the issues are fixed. The ones that are not should hopefully not impact on my enjoyment too much.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
See, that's why I won't buy these games. You shouldn't be KNOWN for releasing half-finished games. I'm not going to give DICE money to conintue to not do their jobs properly, it's dumb. I had a similar issue with CoD a couple of days ago, on the "boring" front. I hadn't played in several months, and decided I'd play because I wasn't in the mood for Halo. I immediately went back to beating people handily in most matches, and while it's fun to be good, it's boring to almost always do well. That, and I realized just HOW covered in garbage perks and killstreaks and this and that the games are. After having played TF2 for the past couple of weeks, it was just like "SO MANY THINGS!"

I mean, I like tactical gameplay, but I also like functional gameplay. However, Battlefield has had some of the worst bugs I've seen in a "modern-day" shooter, in terms of quantity and quality (how game-breaking the bugs are). I can't tell you where I've seen glitches in Halo and CoD, but I hear about asinine bugs all the time on that game. There's not way it could EVER kill CoD when it won't even work right.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I never considered BF3 being released any more so unfinished than most games. But other than that I'm not very familiar with DICE's stuff.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree Keith, Battlefield has form for a plethora of issues at launch. COD and others work a treat, out of the box. EA deserve credit for one thing though. I picked up Dead Space 1 years after first release. I picked it up brand new for ?8.99. I installed it and upon first load I expected it to update. Not a sausage. Possibly the only game ever that I have played that did not need a patch, and so long after release. But Battlefield, perhaps it is the ambition, it always needs a patch or two in the first few months. It is one of the reasons I have left it until now, that and the issues mentioned above. But, I imagine it is in a much better place now. Another game I love at the minute is Forza, but for my money, that definitely needs a fix in terms of a few things. Not the gameplay, but some of the other things could be so much better.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any technical issues worth mentioning. I was killed few times by person with 0% health, but that is just result of my poor shooting skills. :D
As for multiplayer maps, I like them all except Flood zone, Hainan resort and Lancang Dam.
0% health is a after patch bug affecting all platforms if im correct

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Sadly yea, currently vibration is up to the game developers.. I suppose at some point they will allow us to disable it system wide. Not that I would, but I know many others do.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Seems throughout February that all users of BF4 will get 'perks' each day as a 'thanks for sticking/putting up with this game since launch'

There is a message about it on the boot screen of BF4...

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, noticed there was a thread about it on the site. Sounds good. The vibration thing is my major gripe. I just can't play the game.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, noticed there was a thread about it on the site. Sounds good, building. The vibration thing is my major gripe. I just can't play the game.

I havn't played BF4 on X1 (just PC), but is it about the vibrations being too much/badly implemented or do you just dislike vibration regardless of the game?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Can't use them on any game. They may be implemented perfectly, but I cannot get on with them. In actual fact, I am not a fan of vibration at all. Though I know some people like it so I hope they add the ability to choose. Seems like MS are eager to highlight the new improved tech, hence the removal of the console vibration option.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I expect they will add option to turn it off in next dahsboard update. Icon to show how much battery life left in controller would be useful, too.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
No timeline for it though... Could be months away. I could have save ?44 by not buy Battlefield. Looks like I am stuck on single player.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786