Best Apps for ARM64?

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I have my x64 pc needs met and ARM with an M1 MBA. I dove into the W10 on ARM with the Samsung Galaxy Book Go. Yes it’s only 4GB of RAM but the battery?! Holy crap. I watched YouTube and Disney plus for over 8 hours on a single charge. Outside of installing updates and other random testing.

What I’m here to inquire about are the best ARM64 apps. Apple Music doesn’t work in the web unless it’s the only thing open. Fine I can use phone for that.
I don’t like the default email client on Windows 10. MailSpring sucks as you can sort your emails.
LibreOffice and the office web apps are fantastic granted Libre is 32-bit x86 emulation.

Any suggestions for email clients?
Firefox ARM crashes a lot so I’ll stick with Edge for now. Don’t like Chrome.
PWAs have been good. - Disney+ for example
VSCode works decent - npm and nodejs work fine for React and Svelte.
VS Studio won’t debug but the designers do work.
Haven’t tried games yet.
Anything you guys want me to try specifically?

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for all this information which you have gathered as an techgeek or techguy. I hope this information help lots of people.
I really appreciate your effort to offer solutions and compell them to share their problems.
Regards.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
A few caveats I've noticed so far:
1) There's no way to get an official ARM64 ISO for Windows 10. So reinstalling on the system isn't possible currently. However, other options would be to do a full backup and restore.
2) One update fails to install, but many others are having the same issue.
3) The Windows Store is still a mess. Its hard to find apps and is saturated with the same issues we've seen on Android. Copies, pay for a web link, etc.
4) Office is usable, however, your memory may hit maximum pretty quick. I don't have any other items starting up. Just Edge open and I sit around 85% memory usage. It is still attempting to install updates that fail, over and over and over again.
5) Steam, so far, has opened, time to try installing some games.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Another update:
The trackpad is horrible even with the sensitivity turned down or up, scrolling with two fingers doesn’t work half the time. Sometimes it randomly left or right clicks.

Windows 11 Beta makes this a lot better. Trackpad works. I got driver updates. System is a bit more performant. Installed VC++ 2019 ARM 64 and I can now run 64-bit apps.

Minecraft works, to an extent. It has fine frame rates but if your LOD is high it will suffer.
Games like Terraria are terrible on it. Stardew Valley suffers the same fate.

LibreOffice works fantastically. I made web links for office but I may subscribe again as I get a work discount.

Still can’t have both iTunes Web and any other apps open so music via iTunes is kind of a bust. iTunes itself doesn’t work - too much memory required.
My personal Dev Blog will install and work fantastically.

React didn’t work for my blog but with the 64-bit updates I’m going to try again.

Removed a few services and will check memory after reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss