Best Browser for Windows 10?

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried, I really did, Edge just has way to many Ad's, I like the look and feel of Edge, but until they get some kind of AD blocker I will stay with Chrome.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I know i've said this before but MS screwed us by dumping Metro IE. Was so much better on a tablet.

With that said, to make this post i had to open firefox, edge wouldn't bring the cursor up in the reply box.

I use both edge and firefox. Most of the time edge is fine, but i've had alot of issues with sites like ebay with it. Most sites not responding.

Firefox always works, but i find the scrolling to be inconsistent.

Seriously microsoft, bring back the metro IE browser, my hp stream 7 would be so much better.

Maxy12

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Maxthon browser is the best browser in my opinion. It is chromium based browser but without Google crap and more fast than Chrome. Browser with adblocker ,video downloader and can sync bookmarks with Windows Phone.
I was loyal user for Opera since very long time but after they ditched everything I liked about Opera I switched to Chrome and Firefox but now I'm happy Maxthon user :) .
Give it a try and you will like it :)

mkKozak

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm using 4 browsers right now (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge). It's just easier to organize myself by using them all.
The best browser I've used was Opera until it became so buggy I couldn't use it anymore.
I like Edge for it's clean and easy to use interface but it has bugs and lack features.
Internet Explorer... That's the greatest surprise when I first used it 6 months ago (like 2-3 versions later). It has most of the features that other browsers has. It lacks some of them. Has some extra really good features. It's the fastest (with ad-block on) while opening and managing pages but the slowest with ad-block off. I don't know how to do some things in it. I'll start to use it daily to be sure, because for now Chrome is better with its interface and possibilities, but I might be wrong.
Firefox is... to average for me. Better than Edge and current Opera but not the best.
Chrome wins everything until I'll make good test of IE. For now it lacks speed and full screen support sucks comparing to IE. But I've used it for very long time and it was the best.

dave_456

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried, I really did, Edge just has way to many Ad's, I like the look and feel of Edge, but until they get some kind of AD blocker I will stay with Chrome.

Just use a hosts file to block all ads system wide. It's way better than any ad blocker extension. It works perfectly, takes no resources to use and blocks ads in every browser, app, everywhere.

dave_456

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Essentially there is a file in windows which is a list of ip addresses/web addresses that windows should ignore completely. On windows 10 it is usually located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\hosts.

The file is usually empty, but you can download ones that block most/all ads and also block dangerous sites. A popular one seems to be at http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt , which seems to work very well. Of course you can add your own entries as well.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I recommend that people do not use the Chrome browser on their Windows PCs. Chrome leaks memory; and Google has not solved the issue.

I use Opera browser. It seems fast enough with Windows. I always found Firefox to be slow to open.

And Edge browser lags on my tablet.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My New Favourite Browser

I am a Microsoft ******, i'll admit, i'm not afraid to say it. I have every MS product there is just about. And i want to give every single product & piece of software they make an honest try. I recommend Windows 10/Windows Phone everything Windows to just about every family member and friend i have. I would also much rather use something Microsoft and stay in the ecosystem than use something non-Microsoft.

Edge.

I gave you an honest try for over 6 months. I used you as my daily browser for that whole time, imported all my favourites etc. I made the decision about a week ago to stop using Edge forever (at least until it significantly improves). The basic functionality of browsing web pages has shunted me away with violent force. I will pick 5 basic web sites i use on a daily basis. 1 Windows Central. Awful. Pages take forever to load, scrolling is slow and jittery, pages dont load at all sometimes, replying to threads is a serious chore with key strokes being missed every other letter, and the mobile version, even worse. 2. AmericanWX.com/bb. (American Weather forums). Terrible. Pages take forever to load, replying to posts again misses keystrokes all the time, hitting the back button on the keyboard causes the entire page to go backwards and lose all my work, etc, etc. 3/4. Twitter/Facebook. Links die on twitter until you refresh the page, huge lag problems when tweeting or replying to posts, page hangs or freezes while loading etc.. 5. Trancefix.nl (forums) Same problems as previous forum pages as mentioned in 1 and 2.

Literally browsing the web with Edge has become a nightmare and i can honestly say without a doubt it is 10X worse than IE11. At least with IE11 most of those problems i have with Edge don't exist (IE11 is just slower than Chrome, Firefox, and does have it share of problems). So i said why am i putting up with this, why am i dealing with all these problems daily. I tried. I waited for TH2 and future updates of Edge but nothing seems to be working. I moved to Chrome. And i am so happy i did so. I'm thinking why didn't I do this months ago? Every page loads as expected, no problems with forum websites or any website for that matter. And as much as i hate Google, I have to give them credit for making an excellent product. And with AdBlock, wow, what have i been missing out on! I just wish it was on WP as well.

I will still check back with Edge and give it a try again at some point, probably when RS1 comes out. For now I'm DONE! There is no reason to put up with this sorry excuse for a browser and make my internet experience hell when i can just use something that works. I made this thread, well to vent for one, but also to see what others on this forum have experienced with Edge. Have you made the switch? Are you still using Edge and putting up with all its problems? Or do you find Edge to be perfectly fine and have no problems with it. Let me know.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: My New Favourite Browser

I like the "as much as i hate Google i have to give them credit..." :)
As much as I hated my job I had to give it credit for allowing me to live comfortably :smile:

I don't like any browser that much...
Since I blocked all the crap with the .sys32 host file edit EDGE is easier for me to use.
Firefox Nightly is good also and allows for blocking most garbage that no one cares about.
Safari...meh
Opera...OK
Chrome...I have to use it for chromecast streaming other than that it's OK and speedy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb