Best Journal/Diary app?

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
It seems WP is lacking in this area of "life journaling". I currently switch between iOS & WP, and seems like nothing is on par with the Day One app for iOS.

I saw that some app called Journalizr was kinda close, but hasn't been updated in quite a while & is still lacking in many areas. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has a good one on the ATIV SE. Admittedly an expensive way to get an app.

I would think Onenote would be the best solution though.

Last edited:

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Nothing matches Day one I used journalizr and was disappointed I use Evernote now

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Seems every journaling app on WP gets abandoned after a few months from the dev. He hasn't even posted here again since the release. :(

Is One Note & Evernote better now than a year ago? I tried to use them both for this but the "life" features like weather, geo tagging from the photos & stuff like that we're nonexistent.

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Not that I know of... Didn't realize that was a thing. Played with the Samsung one and I'll be damned, it does all that.

neitin

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Ugh, I was afraid of that. Seems every journaling app on WP gets abandoned after a few months from the dev. He hasn't even posted here again since the release. :(

Is One Note & Evernote better now than a year ago? I tried to use them both for this but the "life" features like weather, geo tagging from the photos & stuff like that we're nonexistent.

One Note and Evernote still have no feature to Geotag photos and have location but considering the fact that there are no other apps it is fine in other counts

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Not that I know of... Didn't realize that was a thing. Played with the Samsung one and I'll be damned, it does all that.

It's def a thing & an extremely popular app (and app segment on iOS and Android). Basically a feature rich personal (and private) life journal with all kinds of relevant information pulled in automatically. Can export entries to PDF, email, webpage, etc. I think they have it now where you can generate a link to an entry as well to share on social media if that's your thing.

Whoever ends up bringing something even halfway close to it on WP (and actually sticks to it) will likely reap the rewards. The segment here in basically nonexistent as of now far as I can tell. Plenty of "notes" apps, but not real digital journals. I've been keeping one for a couple years now of the highlights of my days/life.

Re0bnYS.jpg

Attachments

• j990ucb.jpg
    j990ucb.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss