Best way to charge your 1020 using camera grip?

raggedy b

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
my grip only charge for about 3 seconds when i plug it to wall outlet/computer. any chance it is broken?

I have a faulty micro usb port,I have to have the power lead at an angle or it won't charge,plug it in lights come on and then go off after a few seconds,have it at an angle,all good

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the thread. Bought the Lumia 1020 with the camera grip on the first day of release here. After nearly 3 years today, I have learnt from this thread that the small battery symbol near to the charging lights, on the camera grip, is a button to stop charging of the phone.

djmuzi

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
1) The phone charges first then the grip
2) The phone may say 100% but that doesn't mean it's 100% charged, if you use the battery app by Enless Soft it will tell you exactly when the battery is fully charged.
3) Once the battery is at 100% the grip will begin to charge, anytime you see the grip's lights go off that's because the phone's battery dropped below 100% and is being topped up by the charger however once it's back to 100% charging of the grip will resume.

Wow that's stupid... the grip takes forever to charge, so when they are connected and when the phone drops below 100% the grip will stop charging...

I'll charge them separately for now and turn the phone charging off when I connect them. I didn't have unexpected battery drains for the last 2 days this way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariehselm