Best windows 8 tablet right now under ?250??

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I am going back to sixth form and since my laptop broke, i got a toshiba encore 8, its great but the screen is too small so i am getting paid end of the month and want to get a 10inch+ tablet but i have a price range though.

here are the important things:
1) Must be 64GB (microsoft really screw me with the lack of ability to install onto sd card)
2) Price range: ?0-?250(this is max, ideally i would like something around ?200)
3) I dont care if its RT or Pro
4) can't be the original surface RT(too slow)
5) A good design would be great, also would prefer a good screen.

the First option i saw was the Vivotab Smart but it seems old
The second option i have found so far is samsung ativ tab 3 (this is my personal favourite. it looks good but im not too sure on performance)

this are my options so far any help and advice will be appreciated.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The current ASUS Transformer T100 is a decent 10" tablet with the added bonus of a keyboard dock. (Don't remember how storage is)

Previous generation devices are game. The Dell Latitude 10 is such device and can be found around and above your price range.

You also found the ATIV Tab 3. Previous gen Clover-Trail tablets are OK in terms of performance. Don't expect gaming or other stuff, but it's satisfactory. Although current gen Intel Atom Bay-Trail tablets are much better off IIRC, but it seems only the 8" are in your range with a few exceptions. (such as the ASUS)

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up Asus Newest Android Tablet - MemoPad Me176. It is a 7" tablet with a Quad Core Atom (3745) clocked @ 1.86 GHz, One GB RAM, 16 GB Storage, 1280x800 IPS screen, and micro SD expansion up to 64 GB (worked great on my new tablet). It was only $125 (and in fact was down to $110 on sale a few days after I bought it). It is a very nice tablet and I'm very pleased with it so far except for the somewhat funky ZenUI that Asus puts on Android. My question is: Why isn't there a Windows version of this tablet - it's a heck of a lot better than that Toshiba with a 1024x600 screen. That's the kind of hardware at the price point that Windows tablets need to hit

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up Asus Newest Android Tablet - MemoPad Me176. It is a 7" tablet with a Quad Core Atom (3745) clocked @ 1.86 GHz, One GB RAM, 16 GB Storage, 1280x800 IPS screen, and micro SD expansion up to 64 GB (worked great on my new tablet). It was only $125 (and in fact was down to $110 on sale a few days after I bought it). It is a very nice tablet and I'm very pleased with it so far except for the somewhat funky ZenUI that Asus puts on Android. My question is: Why isn't there a Windows version of this tablet - it's a heck of a lot better than that Toshiba with a 1024x600 screen. That's the kind of hardware at the price point that Windows tablets need to hit

couldn't agree more and you know whst sucks more, the lack of ability to put store apps on sd cards.
if windows 8 had 10" tablets for about ?150-?200 they would sell well. but microsoft doesnt understand not everyone can afford a surface, they even said surface RT was perfect for student but what student has ?400 to shell out for a tablet. microsoft in general has a problem with pricing.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
but what student has ?400 to shell out for a tablet

in the US, plenty do. whether the parents foot the bill for some gear, they work for it, but either way, Surface RT would be probably one of the cheaper devices (well, today, not new + cover)

this reminds me of that thread about some guy complaining about how tech reviewers often say get y model over x because y costs only $50 more.
its stupid to him because $50 paid for six months of food, but here in the US, it goes maybe a week, tops. (varies of course)

Interested to know, what's the price of iPads/iPhones there and don't you see students with any, even if bought on EMIs or by their parents?

good question, i second that

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
iphones in the uk are normally paid for monthly i.e ?25 a month and the student will pay maybe ?10 and the parent agree to pay ?15, ipad usually are a family item but some do get it as a present for bday and christmas e.t.c,.

and i do work but only on sundays due to time for sixth form work. so im trying to buy this with my monthly pay which is why i brought if the high prices

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon