Blackjack II battery charging issue

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
I was curious if any BJII owners have had this issue? It seem to start a couple of days ago when my phone is charging and it reaches full capacity and the LED turns green everything is cool...but, if I leave it on the charger after the LED turns green signifying full charge the phone will actually start to deplete in charge. The first time it happened I left the phone on the charger all night while I was asleep and when I woke I of course saw that the LED was green and I figured I was good to go, and by the time I got to work I found I had about 25% battery charge. If I get the phone off the charger as soon as possible after it reaches capacity things are all fine but I don't want to have to baby sit the phone while charging to make sure this doesn't happen. It just happened this morning...I saw it green at 7AM and purposely left it charging...just took it off and I was down to 75%. I plugged it back in until it turned green again and imediately took it off the charger and its at a full 100%.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I'll haven't noticed anything similar but then again, I haven't been watching. I'll check it out in the morning when I take mine off the charger.

When you plugged it back in the last time, how long did it take for the LCD to turn green? Was it long enough to replenish 25% of the battery?

One last question... is your phone on when you charge or do you turn it off?

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
If I leave it on the charger when its green for enough time to kill 25%...it takes about a half hour after I unplug it and plug it in red again like I used the 25%. So its definitely pulling juice after it turns green not being a meter issue. I charge it with the phone on. I have not had a problem like this for the past 3 weeks I have had it. I called the dealer I got it from today right before they closed and they said they had one more black BJ II in stock and they would hold it for me when I got in tomorow since I am within my 30 days. So I am going to replace it. I cant babysit this thing every time I charge to make sure I get it off asap when it turns green...especially when I charge at night when I am asleep. Other than that, I love this phone and dont miss the Treo...no looking back.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Good luck with it. I don't blame you for exchanging it. You're still within your 30 days so it's best to replace it.

I'm equally as pleased with the BlackJack II. I've still got my 750 but it hasn't seen the light of day since I started using the BlackJack.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
The funny thing is it seem to be back to normal. I dumped two apps I dont use much and I made a call while it was green on the charger and waited an hour and it remained 100% full charged. This is totally wierd...I still am going to replace it tomorow since I only have 6 days left out of my 30 days in case this is an intermitant problem so I dont get caught with my pants down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akashdeep3469